“Beautiful campus w/good bookstore”

University of California San Diego
Book In Advance
More Info
$149.00*
and up
San Diego Coast Bike Tour from La Jolla
Ranked #10 of 78 things to do in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: You don't have to be enrolled to appreciate the vast green lawns of this major university, which is home to the Mingei International Museum of World Art.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We took public transit out to the UCSD. It is a GORGEOUS campus! It was a long trip by trolley but worth it. Saw a lot of the local terrain on the way.

All reviews
"triton"
"gilman"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Every student including parents would dream to attend this resort like school in beautiful La Jolla, my son, my daughter, two of my nephews, even my husband, had wonderful dreams after his 1st visit, for our son's tour 18 years ago, then many visits till our daughter graduated 6 years ago, this time we only drove by, did not notice much change of UCSD, what changed is how we view the high cost of college education, with our frugal daughter, still around $80k for 4 years, with her sr. software developer job now at well known social media company, we both agreed it's definitely not cheap, but well well well worth it!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Wanted to see the Stuart Art collection at UCSD on our same trip to Torrey Pines. I would advise getting the map of the 3.4 mile campus loop @ stuartcollection@ucsdedu/map. We saw the snake path, bear & house hanging off side of building (my favorite). The library looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. If you're interested in unique sculptures this is definitely worth a trip. If not, the pub is worth a visit!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Went here for 5 years I liked it so much haha.

Solid school, always something to do if you actually look for it.

Feels like a giant metropolis because the campus is so big.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My son went to USD so I was so happy to visit it. The campus is absolutely beautiful there's so many beautiful historic buildings, artwork, gardens, fountains and just a exquisite view of the sea is fabulous!!
We were able to see some people graduating a couple getting ready to get married and students walking around it was quite an eye-opener and a lovely place to visit. Go!!