“Top Rated University”

and up
San Diego Coast Bike Tour from La Jolla
Ranked #10 of 76 things to do in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: You don't have to be enrolled to appreciate the vast green lawns of this major university, which is home to the Mingei International Museum of World Art.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Get a Great Science / Engineering degree from this University. Sprawling Campus. Visit the incredible library. Art is everywhere on the campus. Students are very friendly and helpful. Always something happening on the quad. One of the best West Coast Swing Dance groups is based here.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Very interesting walking around just seeing the buildings..there was some different activities going on while I was there around the campus.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I just completed another visit to my favorite sculptural campus -- UCSD's Stuart Collection! I've been appreciating this trip around campus since 1997. I love the original pieces and I also am astounded at the growth of this fabulous collection!
Having heard the stories from the artists being given an open campus template to create the sculptures of their desires, I recognize the unusual opportunity to see art and environment co-existing in harmony.
Start anywhere on campus and you literally see the collection unfold!!! Robert Irwin's "Two Violet V Forms," Alexis Smith's "Snake Path", Tim Hawkinson's "Bear" and you will interact with the sensitivity, humor, and monumental size differences.
When I take a walk through the campus, I'll happen upon a sculpture that lightens my burdens, makes me smile and alerts me to how intrinsic art is in reminding me of what is important in life!
Visit the Stuart Collection...it is well worth the adventure.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My daughter went here and did fantastic and gave her a lot of encouragement to further her education as well as several of her friends.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The library is worth seeing! We walked around and enjoyed the sculptures. What a big campus, get a map.