“NOT WORTH THE MONEY !!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Comedy Store La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Just for laughs: this club features a comedy show nightly with an open microphone on Sundays.
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Tickets were $23.00 each with a 2 drink minimum per person (another $10.00 per person). The comedians were terrible and would have been a complete waste of time if the show was free. Overall, don't waste your money on this! Maybe it was a bad night but for a Friday night show, this place was horrible. The staff was nice and the drinks were decent, but the show was not worth it. The comedians were completely awkward and the audience was obviously not into any performer.

2  Thank TripMan221

Reviewed May 3, 2010

I had such a blast at the comedy store. Every comic was off the hook funny.. They were brutaly honest. I'll be coming back.

Reviewed July 21, 2007

We have always enjoyed the Comedy Store. The building is
older and it's obvious. However, the acts are good. I've always enjoyed the drinks I've had. The staff is nice, curious, and willing to help out with any request. We loved the comedian that did the doliphin act last time we were there, but I forgot his name. The very first time we went we saw Dat Phan, a couple months before we won the Last Comic Standing. So, that proves they have good acts. I would recommend it for any couple looking for a FUN evening out.

Reviewed October 8, 2006

I was on vacation in San Diego and asked the concierge at our hotel what there was to do for fun. He listed off a number of examples and then said the Comedy Store. I had never been to a comedy club before and thought it sounded like fun. So my wife and I jumped in our rental car and headed out to La Jolla to the Comedy Store. I am so thankful that concierge told me about this place. It was an amazing night. I can't think of the last time that my wife and I had so much fun. I laughed so hard my face hurt from smiling. And my wife swears she cried a little bit from laughing. The headliner, that's what they call the guy who goes last apparently, was a guy named John Caparulo. I have never seen or heard a funnier person. I wish I could remember the names of the other two guys on the show, but John was the one I'll never forget. Since leaving San Diego and returning to Topeka my wife and I try and go to see comedy a few times a year. I just hope that the performers we see are even half as good as the night we went to the Comedy Store. And to top it off the drinks were pretty cheap too!

4  Thank itnreal
A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, Ca
Reviewed July 7, 2006

The Comedy Store in La Jolla is great for a relaxing and unique night out. It is in a very convenient location and has a very authentic atmosphere. You get the sense that all of the staff genuinely loves stand up comedy and just might jump up onto the stage and perform on open mike night. Service can be a little slow, but maybe the waitresses just don't want to interrupt the show. The Comedy Store was really fun and I would definitely return!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member