“Food good, service confused”
Review of Aloha Sushi & Hawaiian Grille - CLOSED

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kline
Description: Exciting, progressive culinary concepts and a relaxing, resort-style ambience has combined to Aloha Sushi Lounge as a dining must in San Diego area. One mere glance at Aloha Sushi Lounge's menu, featuring Asian Fusion dusted with Hawaiian influences, you will see that you are in for an incredible meal. Additionally, Aloha Sushi Lounge features traditional sushi offerings while fully embracing the "new wave" philosophy of sushi, which utilized non-traditional ingredients and techniques to produce sushi specialties that come bursting with an exciting new assortment of taste sensations. Aloha Lounge's tropical decor, highlighted by spacious cabana seating in their outdoor patio, not only lends the perfect complement to their delectable cuisine, it also provides the ideal backdrop to indulge in one of their many fine sakes, wines and sojus. Located in La Jolla and situated mere blocks from the legendary coastline, Aloha Sushi provides a local escape that is deliciously refreshing.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Decent rolls, tempura, seared ahi. We ordered too many things and our server's head exploded, oh well we had enough to eat. Wished for more variety of sauces. Good value for La Jolla.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Came here on a Living Social Deal and there was a wait to get seated even though we had an opentable reservation. Place definitely needs some renovation. Seating areas were shabby and accent pillows in the booth areas were very faded with food stains on them. Although service was quicker than we anticipated, the quality of the food was nothing to rave about. I will not have anything memorable to say about any of the $15 specialty rolls we ordered.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've always had a great experience here. Sitting outside is relaxing and I love the atmosphere, but inside is fun too. The service isn't stellar, but I've never been in a rush when going so it's never bothered me. I just plan to have a nice long laid back dinner with good company and enjoy the food when it comes. The sushi has always been delicious and fresh and it's not expensive. I love going here and I plan to go back soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Sushi did not taste good, too fishy. Some of the rolls sounded a lot better on the menu than they tasted when served. We sat on the patio and service was slow.

1  Thank lewisdebi
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Been here a couple of times. It's always good and fresh. Great atmosphere. A little expensive. I will still return!