“Classic patio dining”
Review of Piatti

Piatti
Reserve with OpenTable
Piatti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,242 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: La Jolla Shores Drive
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Warm breezes, pleasant conversation, good wine, green trees - what more could you want in ambiance. The food seemed more than good enough.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Had a delightful experience with one exception. The patio is fantastic surrounding an incredible old tree. The only exception in the four meals and desserts was my wife's chicken which was overlooked and dried out. She pointed it out to the waiter late in the meal and he offered to replace it but as the rest of the party was done she declined. The rest of the meals were up to Piatti's normal quality.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Everything was brought to life here. It was the perfect evening we had been looking for. Loved the ambiance, seating, service and yes the food.

We sat outside around a beautiful well established tree. The linens were clean and white, there was small foliage that fell unto the table. It truly added ambiance to make you take notice of this gorgeous masterpiece in nature. It was what initially drew us here, to dine at this restaurant. The outdoor chairs were quite comfortable.

Our server was Jessica, she is spot on when it comes to service. Extremely friendly and prompt, Our water glasses and drinks did not dry. Food service was was also well done and by all means hats off to Executive chef Pepe Ccapatinta!

I had a Savoy Spinach salad and Zuppa soup (off daily menu). I finished every last droop of both of them. Our 17 yr old daughter enjoyed a Pizza with goat cheese (daily menu). She took half home and said the crust was cooked perfectly. My husband went on and on about how wonderful his Grilled Rib-eye was and prepared exactly as ordered. I had to try a bite and admit it had great flavor. We all shared Tiramisu that we could not finish.

We went back to the room for a Siesta it was so filling but we could not stop eating. We stopped in for dinner at 5 and were able to get a table on the patio without a reservation. Going to an early dinner afforded us to not miss out on a beautiful beach sunset! I would return here and I would recommend this restaurant to others.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed Piatii --- it's a quaint restaurant tucked into the area we refer to as lower La Jolla (not the ritzy downtown area). You're right off the main beach area - short walk from our La Jolla Shores hotel stay. Their hand/homemade pastas and pizza were delicious and our service was great. We ate out on their patio and enjoyed the pleasant weather. Prices are a bit high, but well worth it!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Italian restaurant that really cooked to order. I cannot eat butter or cheese and it was no problem.I had Veal ,my husband had another Veal dish with cheese and both were delicious.
Reasonable prices especially for La Jolla.very friendly waitstaff.What more could you want.