Review Highlights
Customized diving experience!

I hadn't been scuba diving in 8 years, but I wanted a refresher before Lobster fishing started on... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
laura g
San Diego, California
yesterdays dive

I really enjoyed the dive. Joel is obviously very experienced and kept me safe. Thanks for being... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
sooty2360
Laguna Niguel, California

All reviews two tank dive dive guide his passion fantastic guide great dives spiny lobster an awesome experience la jolla cove marine life san diego sea lions joel video knowledge safety credentials certified
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I really enjoyed the dive. Joel is obviously very experienced and kept me safe.
Thanks for being patient!

Date of experience: September 2019
Joel T, Owner at Trident Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review sooty... :) I enjoyed the opportunity to show you a little of what we have available in Southern California waters.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

I emailed before travelling few diving companies I found on the internet. Nobody answered therefore I asked for help the concierge of the hotel I was staying at.

Joel answered immediately after I contacted him. He accommodated my dives when other companies were offering only weekends. Unfortunately boat dives were cancelled but Joel managed to offer other options.

Thanks to his flexibility I did fantastic 4 dives. I felt I was in good hands and loved the fact that Joel went through all the safety reminders.

It was second time I was diving in US. After the first one, even though what I saw was amazing, I was missing costumer service. This time it was a great experience. I felt somebody cared about me and not only gave me equipment and allowed to jump to the water.

As a surprise, I had a short video from the dives that he made. Who would thought that!

Date of experience: August 2019
Joel T, Owner at Trident Divers, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2019

Thank you Joanna for posting a review for Trident Divers! I really appreciate you taking the time to tell others how things went for you - and for pointing out differences between your other experience here in the United States. Here at Trident Divers we work hard to make sure your experience in the water is as good as it can be...we try to control everything that Mother Nature doesn't have purview over.

As for the surprise video - I am happy you enjoyed them...one of our motto's in the water is to "take only memories" - a short video of what you were exposed to can go a long way toward remembering a trip's smaller details. Thank you again Joanna :)

Reviewed August 25, 2019

Trident Divers came recommended to me through another company that wasn't able to accommodate my preferred date and I couldn't be happier that I got to spend my day diving with Joel.

Right from the outset, Joel was very professional, friendly and accommodating. It was clear from the moment that I booked with him, that his focus was ensuring that I had a fun, safe dive that was tailored to me.

My friend joined me for the dives and when she became uncomfortable and somewhat panicked in the water, Joel showed nothing but patience. He was very understanding, listening and responding to her needs. He provided the coaching and guidance that she needed that enabled her to enjoy one of these dives, safely.

It is clear that Joel is very passionate about the ocean and also about La Jolla. We were briefed on the location, this history, the marine life and more, prior to the dive, and then during surface time we enjoyed hearing anecdotes from his childhood playing and exploring in the cove.

I couldn't recommend Trident Divers more if you are looking for an underwater adventure with a guide that has safety as a priority... if you are lucky, you may even get the odd dad joke!

Thanks again for a great couple of dives!

Date of experience: August 2019
Joel T, Owner at Trident Divers, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

It was my absolute pleasure Hope! You two were a lot of fun on the dives...and you are the first person I've dove with that has matched me breath for breath on a dive - that says a lot about your comfort level in the water. I am looking forward to having the opportunity to show you what our area night diving is like - this time I will have my camera! Thank you for taking the time to post a review for Trident Divers - we work hard to make sure you enjoy your dives.

Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

We ended up diving with Joel in a rather unconventional way. We had missed our dive with a charter the day prior due to some unforeseen circumstances (on my end). The charter recommended Joel and we couldn’t have been more happy. He knows the La Jolla Cove like the back of his hand. The man knew all of the marine life in the area and what were likely to see. I can’t recommend him enough if you’re looking for a action packed two tank dive.

Date of experience: August 2019
Joel T, Owner at Trident Divers, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

Thank you Tyler and Rachel for the great review! I really enjoyed spending the day with you two under water and having an opportunity to share some of what this incredible dive area has to offer. I was stoked to be able to show you two parts of the life-cycle for Heterodontus francisci (Horn Shark) the egg (with developing shark inside) and an adult female. Hoping you were able to capture a little footage of the adult male sea lions (Zalophus californianus) that shot by :)

Reviewed July 16, 2019

My 18 year-old son and I are baby divers; this was my first dive after my certification, and my son’s fifth. Diving in a new location and with a new dive master added to my newbie anxiety, and I did a lot of research seeking a guide. I’m really glad I did. From the beginning of the booking process through to the end of my dive, my experience of Joel and Trident Divers was beyond reasonable expectation. Joel is a direct and clear communicator who’s love of diving and the wild world is palpable. The depth of his knowledge and experience combine with his skills as a guide and teacher to make him the ideal dive master.

The conditions at La Jolla Cove on the day of our dive were difficult; there was a lot of swell and visibility was really poor as a result, and navigation without Joel’s skill and deep familiarity with the cove would have been impossible. In spite of this, we had two spectacular dives. Web were able to see amazing fauna both large and small, and advanced our own skills and confidence considerably. In spite of the challenging conditions both my son and I came away eager to dive again at La Jolla, and certainly with Joel. I genuinely can’t recommend him highly enough.

Date of experience: July 2019
Joel T, Owner at Trident Divers, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2019

Thank you David! I enjoyed the opportunity to help you and Alexander experience the cove...despite the limited visibility. It helped that both of you had done your training dives in an environment which is usually colder and equally challenging in terms of visibility.

Alexander is starting off early in life to the world of under water exploration - with his obvious passion for the sciences I would encourage him to seek out an AAUS program when he does get to college. Hopefully his DSO (Dive Safety Officer) will schedule his final exam out at Wrigley - an outstanding research opportunity awaits him there.

I look forward to helping you two explore other sites in San Diego when you are in town visiting again - with hopes of much improved visibility :)