“Great food, fun experience”
Review of Coffee Cup

Coffee Cup
Ranked #2 of 22 Coffee & Tea in La Jolla
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great food, fun experience”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Great food, great flavors. Service shines with tons of flair! Fun place to get breakfast. We ordered breakfast tacos, corn tortillas soft and crispy edges. Chipotle sauce delicious, and just the right amount of heat. I ordered the pesto eggs whites (they needed their yolks for more flavor IMHO), they were pretty good, but I helped my wife finish her tacos. :)

• Arabic first
San Francisco, California
“Stopped hear for a snack before a late lunch”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Driving around La Jolla killing the clock for a 1pm meeting including lunch. Stopped for some coffee and a muffin, they suggested french toast. Came out perfectly done with a side of blueberry sauce and some fruit. Just what I needed. Staff was very attentive and polite.

• Visited May 2014
Philadelphia
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast on our last day in La Jolla and were not disappointed! The server was friendly and attentive and the food was of great quality, fresh and tasty. I am picky about how my bacon is cooked (crispy but not overdone) and theirs was perfect! My boyfriend was really happy with his breakfast tacos and he is hard to please. The coffee was excellent. Wish I had gone here every morning while in La Jolla!

• Visited April 2014
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Holy smokes!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

This place was absolutely perfect! Price? Perfect. Service? Friendly, courteous and speedy. Favorite dish? The Omar... Ithink lol, I'll be there tomorrow to try it again.

1 Thank Mikeevee
Stavanger, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy Mexican influenced breakfast!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

YUM! We're glad we stumbled upon this place. There is a small outdoor patio with seating but we chose to sat inside. There isn't much room inside, so don't expect a lot of space or don't come here if you're looking for quiet atmosphere.

We had breakfast here before heading out to Joshua Tree National Park for the day. Coffee was good, (including free refills), and the food was also good. HUGE portions, and love that most of the Mexican dishes come with sliced avocado.. and we're not talking 2 slices, they generously give you half an avocado. Granola with yogurt and fruit was good, but would recommend trying out one of the Mexican dishes as I know that's what they're known for. Sweet corn tamales were delicious!

Although the service might lack a bit, this place is definitely one of the best places in La Jolla for breakfast! You can't go wrong here.

• Visited March 2014