“Excellent breakfast”

Ranked #2 of 59 Coffee & Tea in La Jolla
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Very tasty breakfast (roasted Anaheim chile scramble), alongside delicious strong coffee. It is small but the service is decent.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Small, not fancy, and decor needs "refreshing" (which is why I give it a 4 rather than a 5), but bountiful in good food and friendly service - which is why I think the locals continue to come to this cafe about two blocks off Girard St. I had the rosemary plate special, which included a large omelette with avocados and the best hash-brown potatoes I've ever had. For the price of a latte, I got the Mexican hot chocolate instead. I would return to this restaurant for breakfast/brunch when next in La Jolla.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

If we are voting for the loudest. dirtiest restaurant in La Jolla, this one wins hands down. If, on the other hand, we are rating it on the quality of its food, it is the worst. The Daily Special scramble was tasteless, and the lemonade was so watered down, it also was tasteless. Who could possibly rate this dump #1?
Greg Empson

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We enjoyed the Coffee Cup after a very long walk along the coast in La Jolla. Identified as a TA favorite, it did not disappoint. Potatoes with black beans, salsa, avocado with a side of eggs and bacon made for some great make your own breakfast burritos. Blackberry pancakes were tasty and light, and a four egg white and jalapeno omelette were quite good. A perfect big breakfast fuel-up after a walk and before an early afternoon trip back to the east coast.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were a little uncertain when we entered. It is small and atmosphere doesn't match the rest of the area. My blackberry pancakes were great and my husband liked his egg dish as well. Service was good also.