Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton
La Valencia Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$309
$151
  • Breakfast included
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$265
$239
  • Pool
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$181
$149
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
$374
Official Site
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$169
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Pool
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$140
$127
$386
$359
1,157 results
All reviewstop floorcusp restaurantwine hourfloor restaurantfree bikesrooms face the oceanocean viewminute walk to the beachmandatory valet parkingbusy roadoutdoor barvalet stafffloor roomsan diegofire pitkimptoncurios
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Great view from our room and an easy walk to the ocean. The hotel has a neat vibe. The view from the restaurant on the 11th floor is spectacular. The staff is friendly and helpful. Room was clean as well as the hotel and grounds.

• Stayed: May 2013
Shannon F, General Manager at Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Terryz66,

Thanks so much for the glowing review! I'm so happy to see you had such a great time and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Actual structure IMHO is far from a 4-Star property with open hallway corridors similar to rental apts & minimal landscaping besides a parking lot. However renovations were very well planned out it made us feel like guests in a fine private residence. The architectural appointments & unique decor were so trendy chic it truly earned it's category in Boutique Hotel. Free wine tasting reception after driving 150 miles was a welcome respite. Restaurant while good is over-rated the ocean view far too distant to be considered breathtaking atop the 11th floor? Biggest Rip Off is the $28/day mandatory valet parking for Uncovered Parking for this reason alone I would hesitate to recommend it. Also it's not in walking distance to anything except conveniently connected through a hedge to a gas station convenience store, Subway & Starbucks (closed for renovations). Room service was 24 hours but we could not find a room service menu except for a breakfast menu door knob job? Our room did not have any Do Not Disturb sign either so we were annoyed awakened twice by maids opening our door even after we told the first maid we weren't checking out till noon!!! Overall best is their Attentive Staff!!

Room Tip: Sign up as a Kimptons Member for free Wi-Fi!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Shannon F, General Manager at Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Vanna G,

Thank you for the 4 Stars! I’m so happy you enjoyed the renovation and found our staff to be attentive. I'm partial, I know but we truly have the best staff in the city! It sounds like we've got an opportunity with some details in the room, thank you so much for letting us know that your room was missing a couple of items. We want to be #1 and I'm certain your feedback will help us reach that goal.

I hope to meet you on your next visit to La Jolla!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I arrived around 11 and they had a room ready for me. That was a great start to the weekend. Checked into the room and went up. room 302. The room is located right above the outside patio, so can be a little loud early evening. Room was clean, double beds. I loved the shower with the peek a boo curtain. You can put the curtain down for privacy in the bathroom, or you can roll it up and give your roommate a little show. LOL!!

The balcony door lock was broken, and I told the front desk and it was changed and fixed within 2 hours. The ac was another thing. I complained about the AC not cooling the room properly after the 1st night. They were to send someone up to fix up...but looks like the fix was turning it down to 60...which didn't fix anything. It wasn't unbearable, but wasn't 100% comfortable either. The beds were also super comfy!

The location is great. I took the shuttle down to the cove area. It was a 5 min ride. 15 ride to the airport.

The hotel hosts a wine hour 5-6 every day, and has different activities depending on the day. I also hung out at the pool for a few hours. It is a small pool, with very limited lounge chairs. The pool was heated so that was nice. The outside lounge area was very chill. Would consider staying here again in the future, but I think I would like to be closer walking distance to the beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

CBunches,

You ROCK! Thanks so much for all the props. I'm sorry about your experience with the A/C. We actually just went through a nice little (actually quite big) tune-up on our colling system so I can assure you that there will be no shortage of cool air on your next visit. Feel free to borrow one of our beach cruisers to bike to the beach on your next visit so you don't have to worry about walking, our chef can even prepare a nice little picnic lunch for your to take with you.

Please let me know when you return, you will be so comfy that you won't want to leave your room.

858-551-3690

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The staff here is exceptional. The rooms are nice (typical of the Kimpton brand) and it's in a nice area. This alone makes it an above average property, but the staff is what really makes it shine. Every single person I encountered went above and beyond to make sure my stay was superb.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

tjw503,

You are EXCEPTIONAL! Thank you for taking the time to share your experiece. I love that you found our staff to be as outstanding and we find them to be, I sure am a lucky gal! Come back and visit again soon, maybe you'll get to squeeze in a little leisure time on your next business trip.

All my best,

Reviewed May 15, 2013

If you are traveling in this area, hands down, this is the place to stay! Even though the hotel is an older hotel that has been remodeled, the rooms look brand new! Loved the style! The lobby and pool area had a very nice vibe and all the staff was super friendly and the valet guys were always willing to offer directions. Even though we didn't pay for a ocean view room, we still had a great balcony with an awesome view! Walking distance to the ocean and shops in town and also right next to a Starbucks. Really enjoyed our stay here! Good rate for the quality (but keep in mind the overnight parking costs adds quite a bit!). Have fun!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Oh Kayla B.,

YOU are hands down the BEST! Thanks so much for the raving review, I'm so happy that you had such a fantastic visit. I hope you will be visiting us again soon, we can't wait to welcome you back.