“Excellent Stay! Very Happy!”

Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed June 20, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in June to celebrate my anniversary. I had done a tremendous amount of research in advance and agonzied over picking the right hotel. I finally decided to go with the Radisson because they seemed to offer the best combination of accessibility, price and amenities. It turned out to be an outstanding choice! We stayed in an Executive King room and I can honestly say we could not have asked for more. Upon check in, we were upgraded to a first floor patio room facing the garden area. That was a great start, especially since it was done without asking. When we arrived at the room we definitely pleased. The room was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. It was comfortable without being too overdone. As far as the bathroom size as some others have mentioned, in the Executive rooms, they are more than ample. Both my spouse and myself could comfortably move around at the same time. And the bath towels they provide are HUGE! I also have to comment on the sleep number bed. At first I though "I could take it or leave it". But after 1 night on it, I am sold! I wish I could have one at home.
In regards to the rest of the property, I was equally pleased. The pool is heated and they provide a huge bin of tools for guests use. They even had someone painting the pool deck to keep it looking nice. I did not eat the restaurant, but we did order room service twice and the food was also good. As far as the area goes, this hotel is in an excellent location. It is within walking distance to several restaurants and grocery stores. Plus it is so close to the 5 that anywhere in San Diego is easily accessible. Yes, it is a drive to the beach, but it is only 7 minutes to La Jolla Shores (a great family beach) and frankly, that area is such a traffic mess that I would avoid it anyway.
Obviously, we had a fantastic stay. I don't normally gush about this kind of thing, but we had such a great time I wanted to add my review. The one other thing that I would add, is that the people who have given lukewarm reviews seem to be expecting the Omni/Fairmont. The Radisson is definitely not that. However, given all its assets, I would definitely stay again and would have no qualms about recommending this property to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2006
8  Thank DCSoccer
Write a ReviewReviews (1,418)

Reviewed April 26, 2006

I haved stayed at a lot of hotels in La Jolla, and the Radisson was the worst. It looks ok from the freeway, but once you park you'll see that it is an old, ugly, cinderblock 2-story motel with some new landscaping. The beds are uncomfortable. The room smelled bad. At about 6 or 7 pm, two busloads of kids showed up and made a beeline for the swimming pool which was unfortuately right outside my room. The spent several hours screaming and being obnoxious. After they finally got out of the pool, they spent the rest of the evening running up and down the halls and slamming doors.

When I tried going out to the pool (once all the kids finally got out), my key didn't work to get inside the gate. I called the front desk and they sent over another key that didn't work. I called again and they told me that the pool was now closed.

I will never stay at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business

Pantai Inn
Pantai Inn
#1 of 24 in La Jolla
Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina

Been to Sheraton La Jolla Hotel? Share your experiences!