“Absolutely AMAZING!!!”

Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Really comfortable stay, staff was super professional & friendly, all the way from the easy check in provided by front receptionist which provided us with lots of useful info & maps since we were from out of state to the super fast room service. Great food, clean room, immaculate garden scenery. PERFECT!!!

Stayed: April 2014
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hello Omar G,

Thanks for your great review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I will certainly pass along your compliments to the staff as well. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I searched many venues to hold my program review and the Sheraton Hotel offered my team the best rates and very nice accommodations. Our conference room was very nice with plenty of space, and the staff was professional, and quick to tend to our needs. The hotel rooms were very nice and clean. I had a very comfortable stay with the nice room, gym, pool, and the fantastic food in the hotel restaurants; you cannot go wrong with this hotel. A huge thank you to Karen, Laurie, and your wonderful staff for all the help you provided to make our meeting a success, I sincerely appreciate it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hello Jesse B,

Thanks for your great review! We were pleased to host this conference and are glad it was such a success. Thank you for your kind compliments to Karen, Laurie and the rest of the staff; I will certainly pass those along. I hope that we will have the opportunity to host a future conference or perhaps see you on a leisure stay instead!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I, along with her parents, recently flew to San Diego for a week-long visit to celebrate our anniversary and we stayed at the Sheraton. We found the rooms to be clean, the grounds very nice and the staff very accommodating (including Angela at the front and Charlie at Humphreys). The highlight of our stay however, was Stacy in the Shooter’s Bar. What an absolutely delightful and professional server she is. We spent many evenings in the bar just to see Stacy and have a few laughs. She never missed a beat with our orders and we always left with a smile. She is a gem and the Sheraton is lucky to have her!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Hello Bob A,

Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad that you had an enjoyable stay with your wife and in-laws. I will certainly pass along your kind compliments to Angela, Charlie & Stacy - they are great! I am so glad to hear that the staff played such a special part in the success of your stay. We'll hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

They had me in a very small room on the 1st floor, not safe. After working with management was moved, but the room's bathroom is so small, you can't turn around in there. GM sees no reason to accommodate me for a 28 night stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Hello slgiberson,

I am sorry that our hotel did not work out for you during your visit to La Jolla. I certainly apologize that we did not have any higher upgrades available to you as we absolutely do value our elite Gold members. I understand that you did check out after one night and I hope that you are having a successful stay in your new accommodations. We wish you all the best on your future travels.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed only one night on my way home from visiting a friend in LA on business. I love the La Jolla/Del Mar area and had an extra night so I thought I would make my way down the coast.
I booked on a site that looks at multiple hotels so I only made my decision based on the area and the star rating. Wow, did I get lucky that this was the hotel I ended up at!
The room was beautiful and CLEAN, and the entire grounds were well maintained. Since it was my last night I wanted to just relax so I made my way to the hotel restaurant first for dinner then the bar for drinks. First, the restaurant... The pasta was fantastic, the atmosphere was very calm and relaxing, and the service was wonderful. Joel was my server and was an absolute sweetheart. It can be a little odd dining alone while surrounded by groups and couples but he made me feel right at home.
The bar was another great experience. There, I met Afton who made sure I enjoyed myself the entire time.When I travel someplace I want to know the true experience, not the experience provided by the tourism in the area. Both Joel and Afton were full of information about local attractions. I also love to meet and talk to new people and never once did I feel like they were annoyed at my questions and were more than willing to chat when time allowed. I must also mention the lovely musical entertainment by Elliot. Not overwhelming for those who want to have a conversation with someone near then but still perfect to listen to while enjoying a glass of wine.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a personal experience, especially if traveling alone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Hello Klair W,

Thanks so much for your review! I was so glad to read that you had enjoyable interactions with the staff and I will certainly pass along your compliments to Joel & Afton. Thanks again for your kind words and I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you on a future visit.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Checked in as a SPG gold member, got a trainee tom heck me in. First room was backed up to a parking lot. Went back and was nice to her and asked for another room, and this one was worse. Back up to the freeway. Place is clean but needs some updates and if they treat me as a gold member the way they did, with asking for a extra $40 for that room, how will they treat the run of the mill person.

Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Siessdav

Hello Siessdav,

I was sorry to hear that you were not delighted during your stay. I would be happy to personally look into your experience if you would be so kind as to contact me directly. It would be most helpful so that I can follow up with the appropriate staff members and see if there is anything I can do to make your lasting impression a bit better. I will hope to hear from you soon.

kruskofsky@sheratonlj.com

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Was very tired at check in; staff very pleasant, made efforts to make things smooth, moved me to a floor away from any noise. Suggested that I have robe, slippers, and glass of wine sent up, and that i use the spa to unwind; arriving at my room with my bag to find housekeeping just arriving with my robe! Problem with key and getting door open, housekeeping rang desk and clerk dashed up to fix the problem apologizing all the while. Offered me a coupon for dinner for the next day. Room fairly spacious, lovely bed, new TV etc! LIghts go on with a finger touch, no noisy switches. Restaurant was quite nice. Wait staff was superb!! Very nice decor in restaurant, and very fresh menu. Close to freeway but feels apart. Only bad things the layout of grounds is odd, parking costs extra, some of the exteriors in need of sprucing up.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hello ItsMyScreenName,

Thanks for your review! I'm happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that the service provided by the staff was top notch. It is wonderful that you had the opportunity to try our restaurant, Humphreys, they really do a great job! We'll hope to see you on a return visit very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Jolla
La Valencia Hotel
#5 of 24 in La Jolla
San Diego Marriott La Jolla
Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina

Been to Sheraton La Jolla Hotel? Share your experiences!