“Nice hotel with good location”

Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel is nice. The price was a good value. The layout is not great and parking is not food if you have a guest. Free WiFi is not great speed. I would stay again for a good price. Restaurant was good too. Great bartender Scott in the lounge.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Justmetampa
There are newer reviews for Sheraton La Jolla Hotel

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here for Thanksgiving and all the restaurants were closed when we arrived in the afternoon or were closing shortly. The grounds were nice, I especially liked the koi pond and the garden area surrounding the rooms. The hotel overall isn't anything special, it needs updating. The beds were very noisy, every time I rolled over the entire bed squeaked and moved. The room was simple, clean, and got the job done....gave us a place to sleep. We only paid $99 for the night plus the $10 self-parking fee, so it was fine, but I wouldn't pay any more for this ok hotel. I expected a bit nicer from the company Sheraton but I guess not this property.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia A
Reviewed November 25, 2012

When I stayed here for two nights, I found Linda at the front desk to be outstandingly helpful with problems I was having with the key card to my room. This type of friendly and caring approach is much appreciated when on a busy schedule. The rooms were well appointed, and again, Linda ws helpful in ensuring I had a quiet room as requested. A good experience.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The highlight of my stay at the Sheraton was the friendly staff. From the desk clerks, to the restaurant staff, all of the people were a pleasure to interact with. That being said, there are a couple of things keeping me from scoring hiring.

Being able hear my neighbors and their late night activities through the wall was less than desirable, I was thankful for my earplugs and white noise app. Additionally, the bathroom was a bit cramped and not ideal.

Great food at the restaurant, for breakfast and dinner, was another nice touch that left me moving this up to a 4 rating.

Room Tip: Choosing a room at an end of one of the buildings might compensate for the thin walls and passionate...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel just this last weekend because we needed a hotel close to Torrey Pines for an event. I would give a 3.5 rating if possible. All in all, it is a nice property, well maintained, the staff was very friendly, and the layout of the room was nice, and the location was convenient.

We couldn't give a 4 rating for a few reasons:

1. Parking costs $10 (Yes, you have to pay to park on top of everything else).
2. We could hear our neighbors through the walls, (specifically the flushing of toilets) very clearly.
3. The bed had a very hard mattress.
4. Unsure if there is security at the hotel at night, as there were loud, drunk men at the pool at 3:30 AM that woke us up (Our room had a window facing the pool).
5. The property was kind of confusing to find your way around.
6. You still get one of the standard air conditioner/heater by the window, but there is a thermostat to control it that isn't easy to use.
7. The TV was great, but the remote control didn't work with the TV very well.
8. The bathroom door swings into the tiny bathroom making the space very awkward if you have the door open.

I would recommend this hotel if you needed to be close to the college, etc. and most things were great. I have NEVER had to pay for parking at a hotel as a seperate cost, not even when I've stayed on the beach, so that was very disappointing to me. All in all, it's a well kept property.

Room Tip: Be prepared for loud people at the pool at all hours if you get a room with a window facing the pool
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank COgirlinCA
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here for a week and two of my co-workers had rooms as well. We all had a nice stay. The grounds are well maintaned, the gym had the latest equipment and was roomy, the restaurant served a wide variety of good tasting food for breakfast for around $12, and the location was close to the highway and convenient for work purposes.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the parking lot are quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank krilef
Reviewed November 7, 2012

(I am a multi-year Starwood platinum member, so keep in mind I typically go out of my way to find a Starwood property). This place feels dated, the location is average at best, and the staff seem overwhelmed with basic requests. The parking is a pain, the common areas outside the rooms remind me of a holiday inn and the room are average. Be careful with the parking as at least with me the front desk directed me to a general area, but I had no idea where my room was located. Generally services seem labored and appear to be on "California" time. This is clearly one of my worst Starwood experiences in recent years.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrew H
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Hello Andrew H,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments about your recent stay. As an SPG member, we are very happy you chose to stay with us and I do apologize that your stay was not completely enjoyable for you. We do like our location as we have close proximity to UCSD and the 5 Freeway with easy access to the San Diego attractions, but I certainly understand that our location and property may not be for everyone. I would appreciate any additional information you can provide me in respect to our staff not being able to handle general requests as we should always be providing a high level of service, and if we have areas that need improvement I would like to be able to present these to the appropriate department heads for their attention. I'm sure you may have noticed some rennovations going on here during your stay and I am happy to report that our Executive Wing should be fully updated by the end of the year. I would also like to offer my personal assistance should you be looking to stay in La Jolla again so that I can help ensure that your guest room and return visit are fantastic.

Kate Ruskofsky

#5 of 24 in La Jolla
La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites
San Diego Marriott La Jolla
Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina

Been to Sheraton La Jolla Hotel? Share your experiences!