“Club lounge service is terrific. Rhonda as the club concierge is spot on and makes every visit a pleasure.”

Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed April 29, 2011

The hotel is very charming and a hidden gem in the San Diego area. The concierge service in the club lounge is terrific. Rhonda in particular is extremely helpful and spot on. She makes each business trip for me a pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Hi JVB42,

Thank you for your comments! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and I will be happy to pass along your kind comments to our fantastic concierge, Rhonda. We love her! I hope we will have to opportunity to see you on a future stay in La Jolla.

Revenue Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,405)

Reviewed April 25, 2011

Apparently if you and the people in the room next to you turn on the hair dryer at the same time, you'll blow the circuit and have to continue doing your hair and make-up in the dark. That's what happened to me. I was doing nothing more taxing to the Sheraton's electrical circuits than using the Sheraton hair dryer when the lights and all electrical went out in the bathroom and the entry way. When I complained at the front desk, the clerks indicated it happened all the time. They made no real apology and did not offer any sort of discount or recompense.

Otherwise, the Sheraton was an adequate place to stay near UCSD. Nothing special. The TV channels on the TV card did not correspond to what those channel numbers actually showed. There was a microwave, small frig and Starbucks coffee. The lamps operated by touch, which was nice rather than trying to find the switch. The plantation shutters on the windows were nice, but only a few ground floor rooms had outside areas; no balconies.

The place was quiet. The pool and hot tub were nice.

There is a $10 parking charge in addition to the room charge. I think charging for self-parking is ridiculous but many of the area hotels do it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

Hello tatin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I do apologize that the power went out in your guest bathroom and entry area while you were getting ready. Please know that we are happy to dispatch our maintenance department immediately for any guest room issue in order to make the inconvenience as minor as possible for you. And of course I do apologize for any lack of guest service you felt when you brought the power surge issue to the attention of the front desk upon your checkout as I know that the staff does genuinely care about providing a relaxing and enjoyable stay to all of our guests. I hope that this fluke won't keep you from returning to us when you find yourself in La Jolla again. I would be happy to assist you personally during a future stay to make sure that your stay is truly a wonderful Sheraton experience. Thank you again for sending your comments as this very much helps us to make our offerings and services even better.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed here during a family visit to La Jolla. Wish we had more than one night to enjoy the hotel and grounds. Our 2nd floor, corner room overlooking pool was perfect in everyway. Newly renovated with a tropical feel. Comfy queen beds, in room Starbucks coffee, perfect for our famiy of four. Kids loved their early morning swim in the heated pool. The grounds were perfectly manicured and made for some great photo ops. Koi pond and waterfalls were stunning. If we're back in the area again would definitely stay here. Price w/ AAA reate couldn't be beat.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank dee0521
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed in a standard pool view room. It was clean, with a microwave and refrigerator. The air conditioner made funny noise sometimes during the middle of the night. The pillows were comfortable, the bed was ok. I liked the in room starbucks coffee. The hotel overall is nice, nice pool area with koi pond. The only complaint is that the bathroom is very small.Two people do not fit at the same time. If the price is right, I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Caution: $10.00 for overnight parking
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luv2travel122
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I stayed here for a business trip. I was in a spacious room with two double beds, a mini fridge, and a microwave. I loved having the fridge and microwave! They were especially handy with the Whole Foods that's near by. In fact there is an endless selection of restaurants and shops nearby.

My only complaint is the wireless. It's nice that they provide free wifi, but it seriously moves at the speed of molasses. It took me ages to download a kindle book, and forget about videos of any kind!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank WorkTravelBalance
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Hello iheartfood2005,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed our guest room amenities and our fantastic location. I do sincerely apologize for the slow wireless connection. This is an issue that we are fully aware of and I am happy to report that we have ordered an updated connection for our guest internet and expect to have much faster internet service very soon! I hope we will see you back so you can take advantage of it...and of course the wireless internet will continue to be 100% complimentary for our guests!

Reviewed April 11, 2011

While staying at the Sheraton recently, my husband left his fleece jacket behind. When I called to see whether they'd found it, I was transferred to Housekeeping and spoke to Veronica. Not only had she found the item, she gave me all of the information I needed to retrieve the jacket, and then followed up with a phone call when she hadn't heard from me for a couple of days. That is the kind of excellent service that characterized this hotel! The jacket is back where it belongs.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CAT5655
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Very comfortable place to stay. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was very small. Internet was extremely slow.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Hello seamerry,

I am so pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay and especially enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. Please accept my apologies for the wireless internet issues. We are working hard to set up a new network and this will be ready for our guests very soon, so I hope that you will be able to utilize it on your next visit to La Jolla! Thank you very much for sending your comments about your recent stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Jolla
Pantai Inn
Pantai Inn
#1 of 24 in La Jolla
Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina

Been to Sheraton La Jolla Hotel? Share your experiences!