Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,462 results
All reviewswhole foodsthe club loungekoi pondshooters barfront deskspg memberplantation shutterssan diegoroom keybeautiful groundsminute drivepool and hot tubnice pooltorrey pinesucsdhumphreyswilliam
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2007

Everything about this hotel is very nice. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. The location is terrific for frwy access to San Diego and PCH attractions. Comfortable rooms for 2 and comfy beds. Bathroom small but adequate.
One of the only hotels in the area with free parking. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LuvtravlHouston
Reviewed October 15, 2007

My Mom and I traveled to the San Diego area for a family reunion and to take in some sightseeing. This Sheraton surprised us both. We asked for a newly rennovated room only to find out all the rooms have now been completely renovated. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was clean but small and the rooms were equipped with refrig, microwave, coffee pot with complimentary Starbucks coffee and hairdryer. Our room didn't have much of a view which wasn't a concern to us. There is a very nice pool area and lovely gardens. The staff was very friendly both at checkin and checkout. The hotel is close to major roads and freeways, but there is no noise around the hotel. There is complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport along with a Enterprise car rental service on the property. Overall, the property is clean and reasonable for this location and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Tree1
Reviewed September 22, 2007

The Sheraton LaJolla is conveniently located for both tourists and business visitors. It is not particularly close to the village of LaJolla (which is more atmospheric), but it is right next to I-5 (though not close enough for the noise to be bothersome). It is adjacent to a couple of shopping centers, and not far from the Torry Pines park, which is a terrific place for a walk/hike.

The rooms in the building at the far back have mini-kitchens with small refrigerators and microwaves. The building seems to have been remodeled recently and was in very good condition. The beds are the standard Sheraton Sweet Sleeper, which certainly lived up to their name in my case. The landscaping in the central courtyard is particularly nice. The fitness center is not large enough considering the size of the hotel -- it was jam-packed every time I visited. The pool is not particularly large either, though the setting (in the middle of the courtyard/garden) was pleasant.

The club (also in the back building) offers a continental breakfast and evening snacks. The restaurant was nice enough, if not particularly noteworthy.

There were several nice free perks, like free high-speed wireless internet, a free bag of popcorn in the room, evening turndown service/chocolates, and free parking (which isn't so common in San Diego hotels). The flat-screen TV was a nice touch as well (though its positioning inside a traditional TV cabinet blocked viewing angles except for head-on), and the selection of channels was good.

As a SPG platinum member, I was slightly disappointed that I wasn't given my preferred choice of bedding (2 queens vs. king) and had to ask for a key to the club room. But overall I enjoyed the hotel very much.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank pcgripka
Reviewed September 11, 2007

Appearance: This hotel was well maintained inside and out. The room had nice décor and the view from our room was very lovely (looked down on a little pond).

Cleanliness: Very.

Room: Average size hotel room. Very nice beds (one of the people staying with me loved the covers but said the bed was a little harder then she normally likes).

Staff: Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, from the front desk person at 12am when we checked in to the maid service, who brought us every thing we requested. Every time I spoke to an employee they had a smile and their face and they did everything they could to make my stay more comfortable.

Parking: Free!!! Compared to some similar places where parking is $20 a night this was very nice. Although during our stay (a off weekend) we never had a problem finding a close parking spot, during a busy weekend this might not be the case.

Safety: I felt very safe here. The neighborhood, as expected in La Jolla, felt very safe and every hallway that opened to the outside was locked at night and you had to have a room key to enter.

Surrounding Area: There was a health foods market right next door (lots of fresh fruit!) and a Ralphs, which was really nice since the room had a frig. There were plenty of dining options within walking distance. If you want chain dining I saw a TGIF, Rock Bottom, Islanders, Rubio’s, etc.. Also in the shopping center right next door there were some local restaurants and coffee shops. I did not try the hotel restaurant.

Location: About 10-15 min. drive to beach and a 5 min drive to Scripts.

***There was a huge pot-hole right after you turn right coming out of the hotel street (Holiday) onto the main road. Beware of this because it could cause damage to a car... :(

I had a wonderful time at this hotel and would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
6  Thank AZ3
Reviewed September 10, 2007

My husband and I had a great stay, we wanted to travel to the San Diego area with our two dogs and for a nominal fee we were able to bring them along. The room and grounds were so beautiful. We took our dogs to the Dog Beach at Ocean Beach, also Fiesta Island, where the dogs can run free, it was our first experience to be around so many dogs, what fun for us and our dogs.
My daughter who lives in LaJolla came and sat with the dogs so we could go to Sheraton's Restaurant "Humphries" for our anniversary dinner , Great meal. The Sheraton will be our San Diego area Hotel for now on. Just loved our stay. Employee's were all great and personable. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple