La Valencia Hotel
$151
  • Breakfast included
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$258
$239
  • Pool
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$181
$149
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$169
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$164
$153
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
$185
$169
  • Restaurant
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$249
Travelocity
  • Pool
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$140
$127
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
$374
$375
$359
1,250 results
All reviewspink ladywhaling barcafe la ruebeautiful hotelocean viewlobby barbottle of champagnesan diegorooms are smallla jolla covesea lionsgorgeous viewsold schoolthe entire staffan older hotelvalet parkingvalet service
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We had outstanding service from the bar staff at this venerable hotel! It is situated so well it affords great views while sharing drinks with friends and family. Scott our bartender definitely enhanced our experience - professional and fun! Go there if you!

• Stayed: August 2013
SoCalSunsoul, General Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Chicago Guest –
I definitely like your handle; laidbackwallet – this could be a mantra to live by! Many thanks for joining us in La Sala for signature cocktails with Scotty and for the great review. In October we will debut of newest (soon to venerable) venue, Café laRue. We’ll keep the cocktails chilled for your return.
Ciao –

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I had our first real date at this hotel, 20 years ago, and I'm so happy to report some of the best things in life just don't change... We have returned to this gem of a hotel many times over the last two decades, but it had been a number of years since our visit this last weekend. The property is undergoing an upgrade to the bar and restaurant -- though they still have another bar and another restaurant, very nice they are, too. But the overall charming ambience, world-class service and gorgeous setting are still very much in evidence. I would imagine it always will be. A friend of mine used to be in charge of the La Jolla Playhouse, when it first began, with Gregory Peck and a number of other Old Hollywood luminaries, and my friend tells me the stars all stayed there. I can still see why. The entire property is on a level of the finest hotels in Nice or Biarritz. La Jolla Village itself is perhaps not for everyone, with its very trendy shops and scores of tourists in High Season. But regardless, the La Valencia is a welcome oasis of class and quiet, right in the middle of everything. What's more, they are good to their customers, especially their repeat customers. They upgraded my wife and myself at no charge, and sent up a bottle of champagne on learning it was our anniversary. Standard Procedure in Zurich or London, at a hotel at this level, but increasing hard to find in So Cal. And it's not snooty or condescending, not in any way, not at any time. If I could give it 6 stars, I would. Thank you, La Valencia for making me feel like royalty...

Room Tip: The partial ocean view rooms are absolutely wonderful, and for a slightly higher fee, the full ocean view rooms are breathtaking - like being at the bow of a very elegant and comfortable ship.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harry C

Dear Pasadena Guest –
Your review is the type that makes me so very proud of very honored position as managing director of the Jewel of La Jolla; thank you. Your comments come from a well travelled background and I am so pleased to know that La V falls in the scope and caliber of the other wonderful destinations you mention. We are indeed undergoing a renaissance that will eventually touch all areas of this iconic property – in some cases with a re-fresh and in others with change. Earlier this year we completed renovations of all our guest rooms, suites and villas. As you noted a second restaurant is currently under a full renovation and we are excited that Café laRue (originally opened at La V in the 1940’s) will return. Our main entry and courtyard just re-opened on 9/5/13 with a more gracious sense of arrival and new covered arbor. There is much more planned - we look forward to your return for many years to come – thank you.
Cheers from La V –

Reviewed August 26, 2013

stopped by for some drinks by the pool. And encountered the BEST CUCUMBER MARGARITA ever!! Not sure if I was blessed by the perfect bartender or this is there regular mix to this litle piece of HEAVEN...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
SoCalSunsoul, General Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Pool Guest -
If you liked the poolside cucumber margaritas, you'll love the blueberry mojitos in La Sala Lounge (and the nightly entertainment). Our mixologists are busy serving some of the most refreshing libations on the Southern California coast so we have plenty of options to try.
See you soon; we'll save you a seat at the bar!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Two of three nights complete! Made reservations weeks ago, planning to spend three nights celebrating special anniversary, booked a partial ocean view room. Called a day ahead of arrival to confirm and note the trip was for special anniversary.
Arrived at 2':00PM Friday 8/23, room not ready, no big deal, check in was at 4. Was reminded of 4 check in but they would see what they could do. Headed out to explore La Jolla. Came back at 3:45, room not ready, room not ready at 4, room finally ready at 4:20PM.........hmmmmm
Oh, and while we were waiting for our room in the lobby bar, which is nice, the staff conducted a job interview with between three staff and the person interviewing. you got to be kidding me! At one point they asked how she would handle a rough situation which a client. I could hear the whole interview. I almost went over to the table and led what so would do to get a room ready on time for someone on a special trip.
Finally got to room, yikes full view of parking and roofs, not what we had expected from such a hotel. Spoke to front desk and was governing better room on 6th floor.
Second day: Hotel location is great, you can walk down to cliffs, beach and the hotel is built on hill so you can enter the hotel grounds at bottom of hill with room key rather than hike back up the hill. That is if your room key still works!!!! We thought the problem was with the entrance but when we got to our room we couldn't get in our room,so we walk back down to the lobby to get the keys fixed.
Stayed in many fine hotels with great service, the valets here are great. Staff smiles and are pleasant. Bottom line thought this would be great place to celebrate anniversary, wrong, so far special, if anything lots of issues. See what happens on our last day (And its Sunday now at 2:30 and the room hasn't been cleaned yet!)

Room Tip: Ask to see room before you accept it. Hotel is old and interesting but rooms and views are different depending on building.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank P L

Dear Anniversary Guests -
Thank you for the 4 rating on our Rooms, Location and most importantly Cleanliness. I also appreciate your very positive comments about our valet staff and overall staffs pleasant nature and smiles – I am sorry that your comments on staff did not mirror your rating of a 2 on service but I will assume this was based on your 4:20 PM check-in experience; 20 minutes past our published time. We have every intention to meet our 4:00 pm check-in time and any early arrival request as operationally possible. As you point out, many rooms and room types at our vintage hotel are different and have different views - early arrival opportunities are based upon many factors including early departures or if the specific room type is vacant the night prior. Since we operate at 85% and above occupancy, we do not have much flexibility for specific vacant rooms every morning. Early arrival request are as numerous as late check-out requests – it is a delicate balance but I am sorry that the 20 minute lapse was sufficient to earn an overall 2 rating for your experience. In reference to your comment that your room as of 2:30 PM on a Sunday had not been cleaned; you may not realize that hotels generally do not begin to access occupied guest rooms until after 10:00 am out of respect for late sleepers. La Valencia does ensure that occupied rooms are re-freshed no later than 5:00 pm and we are happy to accommodate specific times when asked. La Valencia also provides evening turn-down service for a final re-fresh.
We recognize that first impressions are lasting – if you had called in advance to let us know of your early arrival expectations and that possibility did not materialize then the remainder of the stay can be tarnished – we apologize that this may have been the case.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here for a couple nights over the weekend for a work trip and it was well worth the price. Everything about my stay was great.

To start with the location is beautiful. So are the grounds and the Spanish feel to the hotel. Right on the beach so how can u beat that and on top of that an amazing pool.

One of the nights I ate at the restaurant in the hotel and it was top notch w amazing views. The food and service was great.

Any help I asked form the concierge was quickly taken for me and the hotel staff was attentive. Will def st at here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Santa Barbara Guest -
A heartfelt thank you for the generous compliments on your recent stay. Our team is thrilled that our property, location and staff all delivered a great experience. As a vintage boutique hotel, we offer a unique and diverse hospitality experience with a variety of room types and a wide range of locations and views but all with the same caliber of features and amenities - something for everyone. We appreciate your review and comments and hope that we will see you return soon.
Cheers,