La Valencia Hotel
$228
Curio.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$186
$169
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Breakfast included
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$184
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$274
$249
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$189
$183
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $207/night.

La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$207
$202
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $226/night.

$166
$152
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $223/night.

La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$269
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $307/night.

Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
$507
$468
1,263 results
All reviewspink ladywhaling barcafe la ruebeautiful hotelocean viewlobby barbottle of champagnesan diegorooms are smallsea lionsla jolla covegorgeous viewsold schoolthe entire staffan older hotelvalet servicevalet parking
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel has lots of character, many floors & levels with beautiful views of the ocean. There are multiple choices for food, snacks and drinks from the pool side to the hotel's bar, the Mediterranean Room, Grill Lounge and best of all is the Sky Room on the tenth floor. With a testing menu (only) you enjoy the cuisine of the new Chef who once worked at Melisse in Los Angeles, while taking in breathtaking views of the coast line.
We ran into a few difficulties with neighborhood noise, but the Manager Luigi Califano took care of it and this lovely young man, could not have been more helpful and gracious. With a manager like him, the hotel will never go wrong. We recommend a visit here anytime. Enjoy the hotel, Prospect Ave. with all of its beautiful shops and the wonderful beach and ocean with seals that come right up to you. A great place!

Room Tip: Sleep would have been excellent (bed was great, room nice) if it hadn't been for the horrible noise, loud bad music and drunk people shouting obscenities from a local bar across the street from our otherwise lovely room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Disarma
Mark D, General Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear LA Guest,
Thank you for heading down from LA for some La Jolla fun – I am happy to see that the hotel restaurants were such a big hit. Thank you also for noting the follow-up of our front office manager – he is indeed a big part of our success and I am glad to know that he was helpful. Our team looks forward to having you back soon.
Cheers,

Reviewed September 1, 2012

My experience at La Valencia was truly wonderful. We were in a Villa. The reservation person, Connie was a doll and could not have been more helpful. I must have called her 6 times as I could not make up my mind as to the accommodations I wanted. She was exceptionally patient and understanding. The suggestions to restaurants was flawless. La Jolla's restaurants with views to die for are many. They even sent a beautiful pastry to my mom for her 88 birthday. I will not forget how surprised and happy she was.

The staff at Happy Hour was fun and very helpful. The poolside staff brought us frozen grapes and sherbet. It was not a noisy hotel. We relaxed and walked to the beach everyday.
We will certainly return to La Valencia I hope sooner rather than later!
Lynda B.

Room Tip: I would ask to see the room before you get settled. I did and was glad I did.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear West Hollywood Guest,
We’re delighted that the staff was on top of helping with the birthday celebrations; thank you for recognizing their efforts and I am happy to know that you’ll plan to return again – hopefully soon and for many more celebrations.
Best regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We are really glad to have selected the Valencia! The view from our deluxe suite was breathtaking and the location could not be beat. Both the food and the staff were tremendous. Typically, we stay at a Ritz-Carlton hotel and are used to exceptional quality. La Valencia was not that far behind!
This was a family vacation, but I would love to come back with just my husband to enjoy the wonderful live music and the tempting spa services! The pool is great and we really enjoyed ending our days with delicious homemade gelato from a nearby gelateria and walking in the park overlooking the La Jolla beach. Truly memorable. Strongly recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite and would request this again in a heartbeat. We were in a corner room on the first floor (in actuality the second floor) and it was very quiet. The best part was waking up to the glorious views of the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Sacramento Traveler,
How about those views – they are indeed very special but I am most pleased about your recognition of our great staff; thank you. I am also very flattered to be compared to another well known hotel brand– that puts La V in some very good company. Let us know when you’re ready to return.
Best regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Tiffany Taylor & Jim Hodge – June 1st, 2012

“As a young woman, I had always imagined my dream wedding. In September 2011, my Fiance Jim proposed and I immediately contacted La Valencia to set a date! I had traveled to La Jolla many times as a young woman, stopping by La Valencia for lunch and drinks, and the hotel always held a special place in my heart. The date was set and I was introduced to Shannon Califano, Special Events Manager for the hotel. Shannon helped me with EVERY step in the planning of our wedding. I really had no idea exactly what went into the production of a wedding and was amazed at how efficient and at ease Shannon was at informing me of all the little details and all of the major decisions that had to be handled. Shannon and I traded phone calls and e-mails for many months...simple questions of champagne and appetizer selections, to seating charts and rehearsal arrangements. There were many times that Shannon had "caught" little things, like the fact that our linens were ivory but our napkins, white! She went over every bit of our food and beverage order to make sure there were no discrepancies. She made sure that even our outside vendors, florist, musician and photographers were all on-the-ball as well! She helped me create my beautiful wedding cake with the help of the La Valencia pastry chefs. I look back and cannot imagine how any of it could have turned out quite as beautifully if it were not for Shannon and the wonderful staff of La Valencia. On my Wedding day, standing on the sixth floor landing and watching Shannon smile as my groom and daughter proceeded down the aisle, I realized how important my special day was for her too. I am a very lucky bride to have chosen La Valencia for my special day and thank you for making my fairytale wedding come true!”

Sincerely, Tiffany Hodge :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Cheers to the Fairytale Couple!
We are so happy that La V created the ideal setting and services for your amazing day; thank you for entrusting this event to our care. Our team truly loves weddings and the importance of this memorable occasion is a top priority to our staff. Your accolades are so gracious and very much appreciate – it is our hope that La V is your annual anniversary home for many years to come.
Warm regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I recently asked La Valencia to host my Area Sales Meeting. From room accommodations to meeting accommodations to food - everything went PERFECTLY. La Valencia made my out of town attendees/presenters (many were first-timers to San Diego) feel very welcomed and 100% of my attendees and presenters have asked to have our venue at La Valencia again. The coordination of my event with Leo Lopez was very easy and he attended to every single detail, and called my attention to ones that I even overlooked! La Valencia created an environment that was conducive to learning, networking and relaxing - all at the same time! My team felt refreshed, motivated and appreciated!! The menu was healthy and very tasteful! Many of my attendees extended their stay through the weekend and noted the consistency of the top notch customer service throughout their stay. The new remodeled rooms were very comfortable and quiet for all of my guests.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Mark D, General Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear La Jolla Business!
WOW and thank you; we are most grateful for the spectacular compliments on La V for your recent meeting and I am especially delighted to know that Leo and the team made such a difference. Your recognition of our staff services means a great deal as we know that renovations alone to not make a hotel great; it is the staff.
Thank you again, we hope to see you back for many more years to come.
Cheers,