La Valencia Hotel
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
Inn by the Sea(La Jolla)
  • Breakfast included
1,241 results
All reviewspink ladywhaling barcafe la ruebeautiful hotelocean viewlobby barbottle of champagnesan diegorooms are smallla jolla covesea lionsgorgeous viewsold schoolthe entire staffan older hotelvalet parkingvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This hotel is perfectly located, and has historic charm. I had a king sized bed and room facing the ocean, and it was aesthetically pleasing. Most of the staff were friendly and very quick to respond. I would give this hotel a higher rating except the customer service was lacking and did not meet the standards of a hotel of this caliber. Rooms were not ready on time. My room appeared clean, yet there were half eaten, open bags of food in the mini bar. The hotel had turn down service on crack; every time I came in my room (several times a day), there was evidence that staff kept coming in, (dirt in the sink, a broken safe, things moved around, etc.). And while the restaurant food was good, the catered food was mainly packaged, and processed with excess fat, salt, and sugar/corn syrup. I expect the catered food to match the restaurant food in quality. Oh yeah, and the housekeeping service knocked on my door twice before 9 am to clean and when I asked the housekeeper not to do so, she scowled quite unprofessionally. Management needs to check that. There were other occasions where staff ignored requests or otherwise had to be asked 3 or 4 times for things. As my colleague stated, this hotel is beautiful, but janky. However, I'd stay here again because of the located and wonderful views.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view with a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank abunten
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Ask for a room with an ocean view-8th floor, the view was great and the room very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2011

La V is a wonderful hotel and great views and the best staff around. Eating on the patio is always a treat (table #1 has the best view). We will definitely came back again and again and again....

Room Tip: The villas are nice but rooms overlooking the ocean with a patio are nice too.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2011

La Jolla is a beautiful small city near San Diego, California and the La Valencia Hotel is located in the heart of the city. Access to San Diego and other sites is easy and quick.
At the hotel, my wife and I, stayed in a room overlooking the pool, garden and ocean. Our room was large and clean, and the bed was right for both of us. All the equipment in the room worked well, except the shower curtain came up and would not stay down when the water came on. We asked the front desk for a second curtain and it was delivered and installed while we were at breakfast.
The hotel staff, was extremely professional, but also very courteous and friendly. We ate most of our meals at the hotel, and this was because the food was excellent. We did not try room service because the views from the restaurants were awesome. In the future when we come back to San Diego we will stay here rather than in San Diego. Leaving the La Valencia and taking the 5 freeway south down into San Diego took about 15 minutes. We can leave the city and be back to the La Valencia in 15 minutes and sitting at a table overlooking the ocean 5 minutes after that. Now that's living!

Room Tip: Floor # 5 rooms are large and have good views
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Dear prospective La V customers,

La Valencia is THE historic hotel in LA JOLLA! You don't get better than this hotel. It is boutique, charming, and part of the history of La Jolla. It is an honor to stay at "the pink lady" and be a part of her history. If you are looking for charisma, style, sass, and fun, this is a great hotel.

For those of you reading reviews regarding weddings, here is the deal.... I had my wedding at La V last weekend. We were part of the roudy crowd. La Valencia SHUTS DOWN the reception at 10:00pm! No options, no questions. There is a city noise ordinance and nothing can be done to get around it. At 9:45pm we had our last dance and moved those that wanted to stay over to the inside bar that is insulated and pretty quite. There is nothing that can be done about loud guests in any hotel at midnight in the hallways. You should not hold a hotel taccountable as they do everything possible to accommodate and keep the property quite. 10:00pm is a VERY reasonable time.

I hope you choose to visit La Valencia. It is a special place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple