“Best Fish Sandwich!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My boyfriend and I took a month long road trip up the West Coast and El Pescador was by far our favorite food spot! It is a tiny little fish market with extremely fun and helpful employees. I had the Halibut Torta and my boyfriend had the Scallop Torta- they were both delicious!! Melt in your mouth wonderfulness. The bread is perfect, and the sauce they have on there makes the sandwich. I wish I didn't live so far from this place because I would 100% be a regular.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Started eating their clam chowder in 1990. The recipe hasn't changed nor has the taste. The staff is great. When does the new larger place open?

Very smart owner.

1  Thank TravelerPaul18
Reviewed August 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to eat here last minute. The reviews looked great so we wanted to check it out.

I had a seabass sandwich and he had a crab sandwich and we shared a cup of cioppino. My sandwich was good but a little bland. My boyfriend agreed that it lacked in flavor and he added sriracha to give it something. I was hoping for slightly more sauce than I got. The fish was cooked perfectly, just lacked a bit of flavor.

The cioppino was okay but honestly, there wasn't very much seafood in it. I only got a couple bits of seafood and the rest was broth and vegetables. I've had better cioppinos.

For the level of fish the prices were very good.

It's really just a fish market and isn't really designed for being a sit down restaurant. There's very limited seating so if you're looking for somewhere to have a meal and chat, pick somewhere else. This is more of an eat then go or pickup and take home sort of place.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

If I return to a place, this is a good sign. I routinely (2 sometimes 3 times a week) to purchase my fish here.
The staff is very friendly and will advise on how to cook and cut the fish for you. Also, they serve food which is always great.
The line can be long if they are busy so just make a note of that.
The are remodeling a restaurant right across the street which is scheduled to be opened in August. This will have way more room than the existing location.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This small shop serves a great fish taco and even better clam chowder. We did not have a chance to try any of the other dishes, but the fish appears to be very fresh. Definitely give this a try.