“meh mexican”

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“meh mexican”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Brief: A step up from Taco Bell, but not worth the price. Good for children and people with simple tastes. Cool decorations do not make up for a lack of flavor.

Long: As a tourist from Wisconsin, I was excited to try some of what San Diego had to offer for good mexican food. I heard from a few people that Cozymels was close to my hotel and that they frequented the place themselves, so I figured it was probably pretty good. Oh how I wish I had consulted TripAdvisor first.... I got the create your own combo, and the chile relleno, chicken enchilada, and carnitas taco were all just "meh" and left so much (like flavor) to be desired. We ordered the table guacamole, also hearing that was great because they made it at your table however you liked it, but again a major disappointment. However, my friend said the shredded beef was pretty good. Overall, I have had mexican food back in Wisconsin that puts this restaurant to shame, and I am sure there are much better places than this one in San Diego. Keep looking for other places, and stay thirsty, my friends.

• Visited November 2012

Los Angeles, California
“If you are looking for good Mexican food, this is not the place.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

First, the positives.....the staff is helpful and polite. The atmosphere is lively and energetic. The bathrooms are well decorated and visually interesting. There is a wide selection of drinks. If you are looking for a place to hang out with some friends and have some drinks, then this is a good option. However, if you are looking for good Mexican food, or good Tex-Mex food, or even good Cal-Mex food.....or any kind of Mexican fusion food....well, this is definitely not the place. The chips were probably the most tasteless chips that I have ever had in my life, and were probably the thinnest as well (not that thinness is related to taste, but they kept breaking apart at the slightest touch). The food was really quite tasteless, somewhere I had the idea that Mexican food involved the use of some spices and herbs. My partner ordered something totally different from what I did, yet our food tasted the same. If it had not been so late and I had not been so hungry, we would have left, because whatever we were served, it was definitely not Mexican food and it definitely was lacking in taste. To say that we both were disappointed would be an accurate conclusion.

• Visited September 2012
“Worst mexican food ever.”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The server was fantastic however the food is very bland and tasteless. I did not have high expectations on this meal, and it did not meet my very low expectations.

Lund, Sweden
“Mixed experience”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Good atmosphere - was there on a Wednesday evening together with some friends. Got rapid and nice service but again it was not very crowded. I ordered fajitas which was a mistake - chewing the meat took forever and at the end I had to cut it in very small pieces with the knife. I also like when fajitas are served in a hot pan, and not on a separate plate as here. Other from that, food was OK. Since there is a bunch of Mexican restaurangs in the area I would try another one the next time

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank scootprof
Salisbury, Maryland
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Three of us had dinner, guacamole made table side, one Patron margarita and two virgin cocktails, and the cost was $100 without tip. The food was great though, and our server was very attentive. Don't skip the guac!

Visited August 2012