“Surpasses All The Hype”

Torrey Pines Golf Course
Book In Advance
$118.50*
and up
Private Tour: Southern California Coastal Sights Helicopter Flight from San...
$149.00*
San Diego Coast Bike Tour from La Jolla
$597.00*
Private Coastal Tour of San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: Torrey Pines offers two PGA courses.
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Finally ponied up the cash to play Americas #1 rated public golf course. Wow! What an experience. I will be back, worth every penny. Thank you to the staff for their friendliness and professionalism!

Reviewed July 24, 2011

I played Torrey Pines North in early March when returning from a Mexican Riviera Cruise. This is strictly a muni with a few holes that have an nice ocean view in mediocre shape. If they didn't play a tour event here, it would be just another muni with lots of divots in the fairway. Save your money, and head elsewhere.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

I played Torrey Pines South Course right before the U.S. Open in 2008. The rough was crazy but that is what you should expect to find when you play a golf course like this. The views were amazing, stunning views of the Pacific when you play golf, cant get any better than this. The price I thought was very fair. Next time I'm in San Diego I'm playing again.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

Played the north course on the twilight rate of $60 which was good value. though we had to wait 2 hrs to tee off so I recommend getting there early to get your name on the list. Was playing with my host and his friend both local residents. But the course added a 4th player you was a 15 year old local teenager who turned out to be a real pain with his attitude and lack of etiquette on the course. Plus constantly asking to play for money and drive the cart if hadn't paid for. The course itself is nice and not too challenging if you keep it straight. I shot 89 with a set of ping eye 2's my host had generously lent me.(16hcap).

Reviewed August 22, 2010

After watching the epic 2008 U.S Open where Tiger Woods and Rocco Mediate needed 19 extra holes to determine a winner, I placed the South Course at Torrey Pines on my bucket list. I played in a tournament so I did not have to go through the normal process of securing a tee-time.

The course was in fantastic shape. The greens were much faster than I was used to. I went to the course the night before I played to practice on their large putting greens. It helped but there were large elevation changes on the greens on the course that I easily underestimated. Bring your straight game. Wayward shots will find fairway and green-side bunkers. The rough was thick and the Kikuyu grass is much harder to hit out of than the Bermuda roughs that I am used to.

The third hole is a great par three with an elevated tee that looks out over the Pacific Ocean. The fourth hole runs alongside the cliff above the La Jolla beach. I holed out before the other players in my group and had a few minutes to soak in the view of the beach and hang gliders. It truly is an experience.