“Best. Kayaking. Ever”

Bike and Kayak - La Jolla
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kayak the 7 Caves of La Jolla, or bike the Freefall! We offer kayaking, biking, snorkeling tours and rentals in La Jolla and Coronado California.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

There is nothing like kayaking to La Jolla cove and watching the wildlife, especially the sea lions, up-close. This company does a great job, very nice and professional staff. We had a fantastic guide, very knowledgable and one of the best in the area. He is very experienced and made all the difference. Ask for Mike Santomero.

2  Thank Italia222
There are newer reviews for Bike and Kayak - La Jolla

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I will start off with the bad notes & end on the good. The bad: we were scheduled for a 1pm time but never got into the water until 1:40pm (our hotel provided a car service for s so ths caused us to be late getting ack to him & therefore caused him to be late for his next run- te driver never once made us feel bad but we did.)

We were placed in the 2nd group to go out. The 1st group went at 1:20, then us at 1:40pm. Turns out this is just part of it, but we were not made aware & no one never bothered to tell us this until after the trip when our guide offered that info. SO just be aware that your time may be later than expected.

The other negative comment I have is that we were simply clueless when we left the store with our equipment & arrived at the beach. I noticed other tour groups "handholding" their guests more where we felt just "thrown to the wolves". I noticed others in our group getting their paddles, so I walked over to get mie when a male guide rudely asked me if he called my name. When I said no, he said you're in the ext group. I HAD NO IDEA THERE WERE 2 GROUPS bc NO ONE TOLD US!! Then we sat around for another 20 minutes just wondering/clueless. Meanwhile, this company's beach staff sat nearby us snacking & cussing. (we have kids with s).

Now for the good stuff...our 2 guides (Heather & Kristina) were so friendly & knowledgable about the area, marine life, etc. the scenery was beautiful! It was a bit misleading- I thought we were going to kayak thru more caves but we didn't. We only went thru 1, and that we were escorted thru it by our guide. BUT I do understand why we didn't. Looking from a distance, I worried about how safe it would be to kayak thru them.

Be prepared to get wet from the waist down. Considering how cold the water was (in July!!), I really didn't want to get wet. But going out & coming back in, the waves will get you wet!

Overall, a great afternoon! Again, not a great first impression of this tour group, but it ended well.

The sea lions were by far my favorite part of the trip! We got extremely close to them, closer than I expected to.

1  Thank bkdj96
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We did the freefall bike tour and had a wonderful time! The view from Mt Soledad was incredible (though, wish the day was a little less overcast!), and the ride through La Jolla and PB was great! Our tour guide, Will, was very knowledgeable of the area as well as the ocean. I highly recommend this tour as a fun and active way to explore the area, and see some stunning views.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I did a tandem Kayak tour and it was a lot of fun. The tour guides were great and very informative. Be prepared for a moderate workout though. Cruising through the cave was very cool.

1  Thank jstdoeit
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a fun, safe tour company with guides who don't let people fall behind. I do recommend not running late (get there 30-45 mins before start not 10) like I did and the shop staff were a mix of less than helpful to very helpful.

They care about there customers having a fun, safe time.