“Great service”

Bike and Kayak - La Jolla
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kayak the 7 Caves of La Jolla, or bike the Freefall! We offer kayaking, biking, snorkeling tours and rentals in La Jolla and Coronado California.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Went on the freefall bicycle tour one day and were signed up with my son for the kayak snorkel tour the next. I got a call I had to take and had to work, so they gave me a credit even though I cancelled literally as I was checking in. Nate, the guide on the freefall tour was great and the group (early Sunday morning) was just my son and I and the guide. You don't need to be in great shape to do the freefall -- they slowed up for me in the few uphill spots! Parking is no problem if you derive into the adjacent residential neighborhood. Just don't park on the street in front of the shop because the parking time is too short (90 minute limit).

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had a great time on a single kayak rentals for the two of us, seeing leopard sharks and garibaldi. Felt the prices were quite high compared to other outfitters but unfortunately we had called ahead the day before and made a non refundable reservation. We also had to wait on the beach for half an hour for the kayaks to arrive, but maybe that is to be expected on a weekend. Be aware that this area is very busy with swimmers, sup paddlers and many other kayaks.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The guides were wonderful and my son and I really had just the best experience. Sharks, caves, sea lions, garabaldi fish...there were just so many great things to see.
I would recommend this to anyone visiting or living in San Diego. A much better introduction to sea life than Sea World!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were on a trip in the San Diego area with our grandchildren and wanted to introduce them to the underwater world by snorkeling. We had some of our own equipment and decided to rent wetsuits, masks, and snorkels from San Diego Bike and Kayak. Finding parking just to get into the store to rent the equipment was a nightmare and then they didn't have the size we needed for one of the grandchildren. We were handed wet, sandy wetsuits that we were told would fit and be OK - even if one was not the correct size. We have rented wetsuits before and were surprised that these were so nasty at 9:30 in the morning. When we put on the wetsuits at the beach, the pull on one zipper was broken and it took forever to get it to work, another zipper was caught in the side of the opening, there were holes in the outer layers of two of the suits, and the velcro at the neckline was barely sticking together in 3 of the 4 we rented. The kids were used to the temperatures of Florida beachs and Ozarks lakes and the temperature of the water and the water filling the oversized suits, made for a very short and unsatisfactory snorkeling experience.

I don't know what we could have done to avoid this experience. The suits were too wet and heavy to really examine when we picked them up and since we weren't going on a tour, we had no opportunity to try them on before we left the store. If you are doing a tour, this might be the place for it but there were numerous places near San Diego Bike and Kayak and it would be difficult to imagine finding a place with rental suits that were older and more worn.

1  Thank MoBec915
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had the best tour guide, MaKenzie!!!! We learned so many interesting facts about the area and enjoyed looking at the caves, seals and just being on the water! It was super fun