“Homemade Pasta that Melts in your Mouth!!”
Review of Cafe Milano

Cafe Milano
Ranked #44 of 1,242 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We ordered a side of pasta and it arrived topped with a well seasoned tomato sauce made from fresh chunks of tomatoes; it must have been cooked to order. Wow !! It was the best pasta and sauce I've had in Southern California. What an unexpected surprise!! We were just driving by after our wedding photos were taken at sunset on La Jolla's famous "Wind 'n Sea" beach down the street. My new husband and I recommend this restaurant very highly. The food was terrific and the staff were very attentive and friendly. At the end of the evening, we were delighted with how fairly priced the entire meal was - especially given the exceptional homemade quality of everything we ate !!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We visited Cafe Milano twice already. The first one was because of a recommendation of a really foodie friend. The second was recently as me and my husband both agree that this is, so far, the best Italian place we know in San Diego (not the fast food type). We love their fresh, hot bread dipped in the bread sauce (olive oil and vinaigrette, I believe) that is complimentary. I love their pastas, its cooked and seasoned well. We always have wine when we eat here and of course, there is always a place for ice cream, try the bomba.

We just love the place too. It's small, hole-in-the-wall but its great! The owners are very friendly as well as the servers. It is also priced accordingly. Will always be coming back here :)

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went there after a long and exhausting day and chose a seat outside. The sidewalk dining doesn't really offer much in terms of a view or anything. But the service and food makes up for where the outdoor ambiance lacks. I'm allergic to tomatoes and that's tough, especially when you want to eat Italian food. But they had a dish that I will definitely go back for again…shrimp fettuccine with a creamy pesto sauce. We enjoyed a nice bottle of wine with our meal and were satisfied. We were convinced to try the tiramisu for dessert, and while I'm not a big fan of tiramisu, this one was definitely calorie worthy.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

first mistake we went on a Monday evening, the chief owner was off. the food was disappointing to say the least.we are nyc,n.j florida residents and if you call this good Italian food then you never ate great food . the veal saltimbocca was thin and tough poor tasting, I order a spaghetti & seafood dish I asked for a white wine sauce and the waiter brought red so it went back and it came out 5 minutes late as white butter sauce no taste at all. my daughter had a dish that did not appeal to her and she eats their often, my friend has meatballs and he did not complain. it was just a bad experience. the dessert I order tiramisu, if u like strong espresso coffee u may like it .it just to strong for my taste actually I never had one like this. my dau lives up the block so I am often in the area, and so far I have yet to find a italian rest that is compatible with the north east.usa

Reviewed May 6, 2014

My daughter found this restaurant on Yelp and wanted to go there for her birthday dinner. We arrived late - around 9:00 on a Saturday night. It was a nice evening so we sat outside. I had the pasta fagioli, which was recommended by our server, and she had the capelinni primavera. We also split a Caesar salad. My pasta fagioli was good but not terrific and the salad was OK. Considering it's an Italian restaurant I would have expected the Caesar salad to be better. Same thing with the bread - just passable. The inside of the restaurant also looked worn, old and tired. Our server was also just OK too - maybe she was tired since it was late. Anyway, with so many options for better Italian all over San Diego I'd go elsewhere.