“Perfect Corporate event”
Review of Lajollacooks4u

Lajollacooks4u
Ranked #2 of 2 Food & Drink in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled atop Mt Soledad, in beautiful San Diego, Lajollacooks4u offers a very unique hands-on, gourmet cooking and dining experience. Founded in 2008, Lajollacooks4u has experienced tremendous growth and success with major corporations and guests from all over the world! With our very own indoor and outdoor kitchen, organic vegetable and herb garden and spectacular views, Lajollacooks4u is the perfect venue for corporate team-building, large group cooking demonstrations, special occasions, lunches and dinners and for those who simply love to cook! Lajollacooks4u offers a variety of packages including our one-of-a kind Farmer’s Market and Foodie Tours, Weekend Culinary Adventures and hands-on gourmet cooking classes. All our classes are customizes for each group and include a fabulous sit-down gourmet meal, complete with wine pairing. Come see for yourself why Lajollacooks4u has been rated the #1 attraction in La Jolla for over 3 consecutive years!! We specialize in California-influenced cuisine.
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect Corporate event”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We visited Jodi and her staff for a corporate meeting on August 13th, 2014. Everything was done to perfection. From her beautiful home the amazing views of San Diego from her backyard, the setting is idea. The food preparation was fun and did a great job of including everyone in our group of about 18. A lot of thought had been taken in preparing the food/menu for our evening and we jumped right into creating our feast. Dinner was accompanied by a fantastic wine selection and nobody in our group was left unsatisfied. Our group has done several outings like this over the year's and I've never heard more compliments than when we were on our way home from Jodi's house. If we find ourselves back in San Diego for work again, we will certainly be booking a return trip!

Visited August 2014
chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thanks so much Nicholas. Your group was fantastic! my staff and I thoroughly enjoyed working with your team. This was was one of the funniest groups we have had! Everyone was engaged and seemed to be enjoying themselves. We greatly appreciate your business and are so glad you chose Lajollacooks4u for your team building event. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you all again.
Many Thanks,
Jodi Abel

Orlando, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A fun time, tailored to your taste!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

First of all, Chef Jody contacts you ahead of time to see what you really are interested in. My daughter and I really enjoyed her foodie tour, most especially the tour of the Farmers market on Saturday in Litte Italy. My daughter is a vegetarian, so our cooking class was tailored to her taste. Jody is so enthusiastic, and her home with the gourmet kitchen on the top of La Jolla was a pleasure to be in, she even drove us back to our hotel afterwards!

Visited August 2014
Midway, Utah
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great 50th Birthday Idea”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband surprised me with this unique evening of cooking for my 50th birthday. Jodi welcomed us into her lovely home and put us right at ease as we started cooking. Jodi designed a menu just for this occasion which included focaccia bread, eggplant caponata, beef tenderloins with mustard herb rub and a plum tart. She kept both myself and my husband busy as we whisked, stirred, and cooked the recipes. What fun to create new and delicious recipes while picking up new ideas in the kitchen. We dined on the back patio with a spectacular view. Thank you Jodi for a great evening...from Jodi the birthday girl from Utah.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Warren D
chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
It was so much fun sharing my kitchen with you and Warren. You were both absolutely delightful! Thank you so much for choosing Lajollacooks4u for your special birthday. And enjoy the rest of your holiday and celebrations!
Warm Regards,
Chef Jodi
San Diego, California
“Fun and delicious experience!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I attended a work team-building event with Chef Jodi and it was wonderful. The setting is beautiful and she makes everyone feel comfortable and at home. I have several food allergies and she accommodated them all without any issues and the food was delicious. We all enjoyed ourselves and laughed and relaxed and had fun with each other and Jodi and her staff. I would love to do this again with a group of friends.

Visited June 2014
chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you Kelly! It was wonderful to have your group back for a 2nd team building event As always we take great pride in proving a very high quality experience for all. So glad you loved your our food and hopefully you will be inspired to recreate some of recipes at home! We would love to have you back so bring your friends. Have a wonderful summer.
Warm Regards,
Jodi
San Diego, California
“Truly an awesome experience.”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was looking for a cooking class for my wife and I for my wife's birthday. If you want to score some bonus points this is what you should do. Chef Jodi made the experience so easy and so much fun. The menu she setup with my wife was amazing. Chef Jodi was very easy going and made the experience something my wife and I will always remember. I highly recommend this to anyone.

Visited May 2014