“Great "Friend's Getaway!"”
Review of Lajollacooks4u

Lajollacooks4u
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled atop Mt Soledad, in beautiful San Diego, Lajollacooks4u offers a very unique hands-on, gourmet cooking and dining experience. Founded in 2008, Lajollacooks4u has experienced tremendous growth and success with major corporations and guests from all over the world! With our very own indoor and outdoor kitchen, organic vegetable and herb garden and spectacular views, Lajollacooks4u is the perfect venue for corporate team-building, large group cooking demonstrations, special occasions, lunches and dinners and for those who simply love to cook! Lajollacooks4u offers a variety of packages including our one-of-a kind Farmer’s Market and Foodie Tours, Weekend Culinary Adventures and hands-on gourmet cooking classes. All our classes are customizes for each group and include a fabulous sit-down gourmet meal, complete with wine pairing. Come see for yourself why Lajollacooks4u has been rated the #1 attraction in La Jolla for over 3 consecutive years!! We specialize in California-influenced cuisine.
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Great "Friend's Getaway!"”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My girlfriend planned a little getaway for us, scheduling a number of activities over the weekend. I have to say that our time with Jodi in her beautiful home was a definite highlight! Her gorgeous kitchen was a luxury to work in, and Jodi obviously took a great deal of time to prep ingredients for the multiple dishes we made. The food was absolutely delicious, and she emphasized the use of fresh and healthy high-quality ingredients. A nice bonus was the wine we enjoyed while preparing our food and then along with our meal (2010 King Estates - Pinot Gris; 2011 Acacia - Pinot Noir). Jodi's dining room table was beautifully set, and we were presented with all of the wonderful food that we made! Some of our dishes: Focaccia bread with roasted tomato sauce & fresh burrata, festive mixed green salad presented in parmesan cheese baskets (I am in love with them!), herb crusted tuna with a caper vinaigrette, farro with wild mushrooms, sauteed swiss chard and kale, and pears blanched in wine with a pecan crumble for dessert. Oh my goodness! We were full and very happy! I look forward to scheduling another cooking adventure with Jodi

Visited December 2013
chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you so much Suzanne! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed sharing my kitchen with you and Carol! You are both so much fun and our time together just flew by! Thank you so much for the lovely review, you humble me. Please come back and cook with us agin real soon.
Regards,

poway
“Wonderful way to spend a day with friends”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was my first time attending a cooking class and I know I'll never experience anything like it again! I've been spoiled. Jodi welcomes you into her lovely home and shares her culinary talents with you while you sip drinks and laugh with your loved ones. I attended with my mom, one of my best friends and her mother in law, it was a perfect girls day! I learned a lot from Jodi that I have taken back to my family. We dined outside over looking the beautiful ocean and we didn't want to leave! Thank you, Jodi for a special day that I will never forget!

San Diego, California
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My mother in law has attended this cooking class several times when she visits. The third time she organized a group of us to go and it was great. Jodi has so many tips on cooking, the food was terrific, and the atmosphere was great. We really felt we were on vacation when we dined outside with a beautiful ocean view and great food. Highly recommended and would do it again!! Jodi is very warm and you feel right at home with her.

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you so much Amy. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed cooking with your group! Patti is my biggest fan with 3 visits to La jollacooks4u and she brings the most lovely people to share her experience with. This is why I love what I do because I am so blessed to meet and cook with the most awesome folks. Thank you so much for visiting Lajollacoks4u and we hope to cook with you again in the very near future, Enjoy your beautiful babies.
All the best always,
Newport Beach, California
“Memorable 29th Wedding Anniversary”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Have enjoyed many anniversary dinners, but not too many are as memorable as today's La Jolla Cooks 4 You. Jodi makes the on-line enrollment process very easy..but you do need to book at least 72 hours in advance as a lot of thought and preparation goes into your unique and individualized interactive cooking lesson. The house is lovely with unforgettable views. Very inviting..yet not pretentious at all. The food is very high quality and fresh with delicious and healthy recipes that we can easily insert into our busy lives. We had as much fun cooking as we had dining. We recommend La Jolla Cooks 4 U to couples or a group that is looking for a memorable, enriching and completely satisfying, out of the box experience. Jodi and staff will exceed your expectations...we will be back soon for another cooking adventure!

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Kim and John,
You both were absolutely fabulous and I had so much fun sharing my kitchen with you. Thank you so much for choosing Lajollacooks4u for your anniversary celebration, we greatly appreciate your business. Please come and cook with us again soon.
All the best,
atlanta, United States
“Great Experience”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had the pleasure of attending a team building exercise with Chef Jody and her staff and it was perfect. Great fun. Healthy competition. Would love to do it again

Visited September 2013