“Wonderful Culinary Experience”
Review of Lajollacooks4u

Lajollacooks4u
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled atop Mt Soledad, in beautiful San Diego, Lajollacooks4u offers a very unique hands-on, gourmet cooking and dining experience. Founded in 2008, Lajollacooks4u has experienced tremendous growth and success with major corporations and guests from all over the world! With our very own indoor and outdoor kitchen, organic vegetable and herb garden and spectacular views, Lajollacooks4u is the perfect venue for corporate team-building, large group cooking demonstrations, special occasions, lunches and dinners and for those who simply love to cook! Lajollacooks4u offers a variety of packages including our one-of-a kind Farmer’s Market and Foodie Tours, Weekend Culinary Adventures and hands-on gourmet cooking classes. All our classes are customizes for each group and include a fabulous sit-down gourmet meal, complete with wine pairing. Come see for yourself why Lajollacooks4u has been rated the #1 attraction in La Jolla for over 3 consecutive years!! We specialize in California-influenced cuisine.
Oak Park, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful Culinary Experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Jodi made the tour enjoyable and great learning experience, especially knowing I am new to the culinary world.
She took me to an amazing Farmers market, explained a whole new world of vegetables, fruits and oils i did not even know about. Then she took me to a number of other places selling coffee, to cooking ware (saved me some money with her discount).

Finally, she followed up with me by sending me some recipes, I used and were terrific.

If you are looking to discover all the wonderful places for La Jolla/San Diego have to offer to enhance your culinary knowledge or just like food , I would highly recommend Jodi.

I cant wait to go back and taking a cooking class from her on my next trip.

Scott

Visited June 2013
chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hi Scott,
I had so much fun on Our "Foodie Tour " of San Diego! I love showing folks our beautiful city of San Diego from foodie's perspective. There is so much to see and taste and never enough time. So glad you liked the tour and you must come back soon for our culinary adventure! Thanks so much.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Option for Locals or Traveler's alike!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

La Jolla Cooks4u was a wedding gift from my father, and he made a great pick! Jodi is very welcoming, and her home has a fantastic view. She works very well with varying cooking abilities, as my wife has less cooking experience than I do. We were able to do a tasting of salt, which I had never done before, but really enjoyed.

The meal itself was great, mixing mostly Mediterranean flavors well. Main course was a rack of lamb, which had perfect flavor. My wife will now actually eat lamb when I suggest making it (huge win).

Jodi did do was show us some more gourmet options that were easy enough to make during the week. We often struggle with figuring out what to make during the week, and Jodi gave us a few more easy gourmet options.

As we are local to San Diego, we also discussed some local places we like to eat (and those places will remain for the locals, ha).

I'm sure I missed something, or a lot, but all in all it was a wonderful experience, that I know my wife and I enjoyed!

Visited March 2013
San Diego, California
“Corporate Team Building Event”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently (May 2013) took a team of our top performing sales people to experience Lajollacooks4u as a unique acknowledgment of their success. Jodi and her team did a wonderful job of preparing a menu and series of activities that allowed my team to engage with each other in meaningful ways while learning real culinary skills. The cooking experience was amazing and our meal was extraordinary. My entire team raved about the event. I will definitely be coming back. Thank you Jodi and Lajollacooks4u! Isaac

Visited May 2013
chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much Isaac for the stellar review. Your team was awesome and my staff and I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and your team! We hope to see you back again soon.
Have a wonderful summer! And thank you again for choosing Lajollacooks4u
San Diego, California, United States
“Such a great night!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Jeff & Mary S. For Christmas I decided to treat my husband to a intimate evening of cooking and learning I choose La Jolla Cooks 4U and boy am I glad I did. We have crazy schedules and were just able to put it together last Friday evening. It was worth the wait Jodi is amazing and her home is beautiful we brought home left overs and savored them. I have already repeated a couple of the recipes yes she shares, for family with great reviews that's a sign of a great teacher!! Enjoy we sure did!!

Visited June 2013
chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much Mary. You and Jeff are awesome and it was so wonderful sharing my kitchen with you both! I hope you will come and cook with us again soon. Wishing you a fabulous summer and happy cooking!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bridal Shower - Cooking Class”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was fortunate enough to have my bridal shower at La Jolla Cooks 4 U. Jodi is a wonderful host, the view is spectacular, and the food is delicious! Most of my guests, including myself, are dietitians - and the food exceeded our expectations on taste, presentation, and healthfulness. Jodi listened to what was important to me for my event and came thru for me in every way.

Visited May 2013