“Fabulous foodie experience at La Jolla Cooks4u”
Review of Lajollacooks4u

Lajollacooks4u
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled atop Mt Soledad, in beautiful San Diego, Lajollacooks4u offers a very unique hands-on, gourmet cooking and dining experience. Founded in 2008, Lajollacooks4u has experienced tremendous growth and success with major corporations and guests from all over the world! With our very own indoor and outdoor kitchen, organic vegetable and herb garden and spectacular views, Lajollacooks4u is the perfect venue for corporate team-building, large group cooking demonstrations, special occasions, lunches and dinners and for those who simply love to cook! Lajollacooks4u offers a variety of packages including our one-of-a kind Farmer’s Market and Foodie Tours, Weekend Culinary Adventures and hands-on gourmet cooking classes. All our classes are customizes for each group and include a fabulous sit-down gourmet meal, complete with wine pairing. Come see for yourself why Lajollacooks4u has been rated the #1 attraction in La Jolla for over 3 consecutive years!! We specialize in California-influenced cuisine.
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My mother treated me to this wonderful birthday culinary vacation. Chef Jodi's home is so warm and inviting with breathtaking views of San Diego and the coastline. Jodi's passion and love for food shows through as she takes you through her organic garden to harvest herbs and vegetables to use in the kitchen. Her menu and recipes were so easy to prepare, yet elegant and tasty enough for any guest. My mom and I have already prepared many of the dishes we learned from Chef Jodi at home for our families. We also loved the trip to the farmers market, with stand after stand overflowing with fresh and delicious fresh produce. This was a great way to spend special time together as mother and daughter sharing our passion for food and cooking with fellow foodie Chef Jodi!

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Dear Erica,
I had so much fun with you and your Mother! It was such a delight observing you both try the fresh sea urchin at the Farmers Market! I also love the fact that now I have my very own Food Scientist to call with any questions! Thank you so much for choosing Lajollacooks4u. It was so wonderful having you both.

There are newer reviews for Lajollacooks4u

Reviewed May 18, 2012

We celebrated our 35th Wedding Anniversary by visiting La Jolla from Charlotte NC and we were especially looking for memorable experiences. Jodi was great. She contacted us immediately after our registration to discuss and plan our visit. We started with the Farmer's Market visit in San Diego but the true delight was preparing the lunch with Jodi, taking in her tips on preparation and enjoying the ongoing bursts of flavor as we made our way through course after course while sitting on her patio looking out over La Jolla. This was truly a memorable experience that I would highly recommend to others. Foodies or those who just like to eat like foodies, all are welcome.
Thank you Jodi.

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

It was wonderful sharing my kitchen with you and Betsy and I really enjoyed our Farmer's Market Tour, we truly cooked a Farm-to-Table meal together. Thank you so much for choosing Lajollacooks4u! We greatly appreciate your business!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

My friend and I just returned from a 2 day cooking class at LaJolla cooks 4U. The classes are conducted in Jodi Abel's kitchen overlooking San Diego. The time went by way too fast. It was fabulous and informative. Chef Jodi was a delight. Loretta Smith and Tillie Collins

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Loretta & Tllie,

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed cooking with you both and sharing our 2 day culinary adventure with you! You both are so delightful and it was so lovely to share my kitchen with you. Thank you so much for visiting Lajollacooks4u, we greatly appreciate your business and hope you will come back soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I am from Boston, MA and my daughter and I decided to visit my sister who lives in La Jolla, CA over spring break. As all mothers know, we struggle to find things to do with our daughters during these years when they would prefer doing anything else but hanging out with their mothers. I found Jodi's website as I was looking for things to do and based upon the reviews we booked a (4) hour dinner session that included my daughter, my sister, and myself. The session was very intimate and we had Jodi all to ourselves. The dinner-workshop is very organized and flows very nicley. My daughter, loved the session and states even today (other than shopping for clothes) the best part of the trip. My sister and I enjoyed the evening as well, we learned so much from Jodi and have already tried out some of the recipes that we used during the session. As stated in other reviews, her location and the space is wonderful. Jodi, is very involved from the beginning in setting up your session. Be prepared to answer her questions, she will want to know what you like to eat, what you don't, any allergies, and physical limitations etc. so spend sometime thinking about it. It is "pricey" but for me it was well worth the investment. It would of cost me the same to rent a couple of Jet Ski's for a few hours but for those four hours we talked, we ate, we learned something together that we can share for many years to come. Priceless! Thanks Jodi!

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Hi Emily,
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed cooking with all of you! Your daugter was absolutly delightful and it is always so heartwarming for me to share my kitchen with a budding new chef and fellow foodies who share my same passion for food! Thank you so much for choosing Lajollacooks4u we greatly appreciate your business.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

This morning our family had such a treat! Three generations were thrilled to watch and learn, cook and eat with Jodi. We had no idea our boys would love. The experience as they did. And they participated in every recipe. What patience and sweetness Jodi showed. Her great helper was terrific, her home and the view fabulous on a wonderful sunny day. This is a great shared experience to enjoy wonderful food and company. Be sure to make this a stop for any La Jolla vacation. Thank you Jodi,
Arlene Glube. Upland Ca

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Arlene, your grandson's are adorable and too sweet for words! Such eager beavers in the kitchen! I am so glad they enjoyed the cooking class. And It was so lovely to have finally met you! You have a wonderful family and I can't thank you enough for finding Lajollacoks4u!