“El Cholo” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cafe El Cholo
Ranked #2 of 147 Restaurants in La Habra
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Brea, California, United States
“El Cholo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The chips and salsa have no favor,The food is just okay, years ago would go there often but not anymore, only went because of a birthday party in no hurry to return

Visited February 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Good quality Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were a group of four that had an early dinner at El Cholo back in March. We used to frequent this restaurant some 25 years ago, so it was nice to see that they were still in business and serving good food. We picked an outdoor spot which was fine. The waiter was pleasant and professional. We all enjoyed our entrees and drinks. I would recommend that if you are in La Habra or the Whittier area, stop by and dine at El Cholo.

Visited March 2013
La Habra, California
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I practically grew up here, and I've seen almost every single one of my birthdays here. The staff is super friendly, the food is authentic and very, very tasty. I highly recommend the freshly made guacamole you can get as an appetizer, they make it right there at your table just for you! Everything is fresh, prices are great, and the brunch is just dang tasty!!!!!

Visited March 2012
Yorba Linda, California
“RECENTLY DISAPPOINTED”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have been a customer here for the past 20 years since I moved to Whittier, but recently I have been disappointed with their food. I have always loved this place, they actually have wonderful green corn tamales. They are my favorite. However, the last couple of times I have been there, the beans were cold, the service was bad and it just was not the same. I will still continue to eat here but they do need to do some improvements. Chicken fajitas are also fabulous and they do have great margaratias - at least in the past they didi.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank nancy f
San Francisco, California
“Great margaritas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Try the LA lemonade its a great top shelf margarita!
The filet mignon tacos are a hit as well as the cheese enchiladas and salsa.
This restaurant has been. Local fav for years and is always a stop on our list when we vist SoCal.

• Visited July 2012