“One of the best Restaurants in La Habra”

Moros Cuban Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 148 Restaurants in La Habra
Cuisines: Cuban
Description: This is a rarity in north Orange County, Ca - good cuban food is hard to find -- The food is excellent and a welcome surprise to the usual franchise restaurants.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Perched in a strip mall, Moros is worth seeking out.

My family and I are practically regulars here. Never had a bad meal. I can recommend the pork dishes - both are very good. The Arroz con Camerones is also very good (for most rice dishes you will need to give them 30 minutes). The Ropa Vieja is a nice portion and delicious. My wife likes the Picadillo.

The complementary beans and bread at dinner (not lunch) are also habit forming. They don't have a liquor license so you'll need to bring your own wine.

The service is always spot on and attentive. They are a friendly group.

They don't take reservations but the wait is rarely over 30 minutes.

Enjoy

There are newer reviews for Moros Cuban Restaurant

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Out of nowhere in the middle of La Habra on Harbor blvd is a tiny restaurant called Moro's. It might be tiny but it has enough to yumminess to keep my hearty appetite full. I'm gonna try to keep this short and simple. Order the Seafood Paella and try to pre order it before you get there. It takes 30 minutes to prepare it. This is a good thing. You dont want Paella that has been sitting under a heat lamp for hours. The Ox tail is awesome!!!! My girlfriend and I prefer not to share the plate because we love it too much. I recommend coming into the place with a few people so you can share the dishes. It's served for an Individual but if you like a variety of food on your table then just ask for extra plates. I;ve never tried their lunch buffet but I hear very good things about it. They dont serve alcohol but they are more than willing to provide your with wine glasses if you bring your own bottle and they wont charge your for corkage. Definitely a gem in La habra.

1  Thank RickInOC
Reviewed May 19, 2014

A friend took me here and I have to say that I was surprised to find this place as it is right near my house and I had no idea. The inside is decorated very cute inside with tables that have wait staff to serve.

We ordered the lunch buffet special - 2 item as the price was very, very good. $7.99, I think?

I found the food to be very, very salty. If I were to go back, I would not order the buffet- but try something off the menu.

I did like that they had plantains.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We've dined at Moros Cuban Restaurant several times. Each time we try something new, and the flavors are always new tasty! Highly recommend the Lamb Chops! You can't go wrong with anything on their menu! Most of the time it is tightly filled with people because this place is so good and so popular!

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Saw an article in a popular magazine, so had to try it out. I love cuban food but hadn't had any for decades- this took me back to my high school days when I ate over my cuban friends' house. I had the Ropa Vieja and my husband had the Fricassee Chicken- both were full of flavor, super tender and delicious! Fried plantains and empanadas were perfect for appetizers. Their strawberry/guava drink was refreshing and not as sugary tasting as a lemonade. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. This place is far for us in So Orange County, but will definitely keep it in mind when I'm up for the drive.