“Homey Goodness”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a lovely place, almost has a farmhouse dining room feeling, but with a bar and large screen TV in another room, if that's your choice. Food was very good as was the service.
I hear their shortribs are incredible, but they weren't on the menu this day The tri-tip roast beef was lean and delicious. We had a BOGO coupon which made the expense very reasonable.

1  Thank Robert T
There are newer reviews for DISH

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The service & quality always varies......

The time before last the fried chicken tasted like it had been sitting in bacon grease for hours. Last week, it was nice & fresh.

Two weeks ago the Pappardelle was delicious, but the sauce was a bit thin.... Last month it was bland.

The service in the dining room is slower than a snail on salt..... even when the dining room is empty. How long does it take to cook a hamburger where there are only two other full tables and one of those is already eating. It was lunch time, I had to go back to work...... Guess what, the hamburger was ready, she just hadn't bothered to go check!

We eat here because the food is decent (sometimes even good), we usually have coupons, and it is in walking distance from our place of work!

1  Thank Auntie-Nanuuq
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Well first, u don't like when people make you " wait " for no raison !
Lot and lot of empty table and still waiting ? Seat a table them nice to a booth so old you get the table on your chin, request regular table move
again food come but without the full order need to ask all the time for cafe water sauce ect ... Everyone ask you the sane question you finish to be lost by who is your waiter? Food ok but way to over priced . Restaurant not so clean ...not a best choice

3  Thank LartistUSA
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The moment you walk into Dish you feel at home. The decor is so comfortable. The menu is quite varied and the service and food was excellent.

2  Thank Deacontomgrant
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I, too, am shocked by some of these bad reviews! I like it here very much. My boyfriend lives quite close to the restaurant, and so it makes for a quite convenient stop. We came in with no previous knowledge of the place, just curiosity. I was quite pleasantly surprised.

The food was fantastic. If there is a burger on the menu, that is what my boyfriend and I will always order. Needless to say, we have tried a fair amount of burgers in the LA area, and this burger certainly held its own. It's not a traditional greasy diner-esque burger, it is more of a gourmet burger, and quite delicious at that. Their salads are huge, along with many of their other portions. They have quite a nice variety of sandwiches, salads, pastas, and main entrees. I wouldn't have expected so many options from the look of the restaurant, they definitely want to make sure everyone is happy, no matter what their appetite of diet needs. Even their water was good, crisp and cold.

The servers were always polite and prompt. Even entertaining and talkative when they had a moment. We felt completely welcome and comfortable. Every small change my boyfriend and I made to our order (removing tomatoes and the like) came out accurate when we received our food. This is huge for me! Nothing can ruin a meal out like having to send your food back and wait while your partner eats their food. Or having to pick through your food to remove unwanted ingredients.

However, aside from the great food, the best part of the restaurant is definitely the decor and the atmosphere it creates. A great ambiance can't make up for bad food, but good food can be ruined by poor ambiance. This place is very natural. Natural and colored wood is everywhere, and it's a very nice touch. It almost looks like you walked into a vegan restaurant in the sense thievery thing is simple and natural, but with infinitely better food. The tables are spaced far apart to feel private and not like you're sharing your conversation with three other tables.

I absolutely love it here and know we will be back soon. A great example of the interesting restaurants one can find in this area of the city.

2  Thank Michelle R