Warning: Groupon is selling the mt waterman coupon again. Consider the following condition before you buy, and there is no refund or exchange.
1. check how many days Mt. Waterman open during 2011-2012 or end of 2012 ski season, the answer is ZERO.
2. Groupon or others has fine print say "subject to weather", they will not responsible if they don't ever open because the weather condition. if Mt Waterman never open during the season, good luck with the groupon and they will not care.
3. Since Mt. waterman DO NOT make snow, like there web site said "pray, pray, pray", beside pray, you can't do anything, 'cos money is in there pocket.
4. If you don't have a SUV or larger car, make sure your car fit all the ski equipments before you buy groupon, because mt. waterman don't have equipment rental, you need to bring your own, buy your own, or rent it from sport chalet or else and drive all the way from your rental place to Mt. Waterman. if you forgot to check Mt. Waterman condition before you rent, good luck, after you rent your stuff, bring it to Mt. Waterman, and they said they don't have enough snow and not open, then all you can do is bring it back to the place you rent, return the equipment and lost 1 day equipment rental fee, then pray.
5. if you go to school or work like me, busy during week day and maybe some weekend, you should prepare some vacation off, because weather don't come in every weekend, if they open during weekday, you better take a day off to go, otherwise coupon site said, mt. waterman did open, and you can go during those days. you need to be very flexible on your schedule if you ever buy those coupon, because mt. waterman pray for snow storm, and snow storm not necessary come in holiday or weekend.
6. Road condition is not so easy to drive like the way to Mt. high or bear mt., bring snow chain all the time in case it snow after you ski.
7. LA has several very cold storm in the last few weeks, it's less than 50F or in low 50F during day time, everyone else like mt. high, snow valley, big bear are opened, but Mt. waterman can't open because they don't have enough snow, pray, pray and pray.
Think of these condition before you buy a contract from the coupon site, i am so disappoint because i bought groupon in late fall in 2011, i was never able to use it because they never open, and groupon has been very helpfull to suggest to give it away to someone else and won't do anything else. i was so excited when i bought it, but after one season, i already give up my hope on my $$$, and bought a ticket to mt. high and big bear during winter break. Good luck everyone.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.