“Updated and roomy”
Review of Motel Trees

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Klamath
Motel Trees
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Klamath
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My wife and I are on a trip down the coast in early November and Klamath seemed a good spot to stop. We wanted to tour Trees of Mystery and thought that if we were too late we could get it first thing in the morning. It got dark about half an hour too early so we missed some of the redwoods north of there - but there are plenty more south.
We're the only ones checked in - we asked for the two room unit (it's #`6) and it's plenty big. The bathroom is as big as some rooms we've had in the past! Updated - new shower, floor, toilet, sinks (cute, styled like a hand pump), mirrors, lights. Very nice. The bedrooms are older, but with plenty of shelf space, There's a table and four chairs, refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer... everything but facial tissue. We expected road noise, but it was very quiet until about 7:30 am. Of course, we're the only ones here. We like it!

Room Tip: I'm not sure of the others, but #16 has an updated bathroom and 2 bedrooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Andy W

Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed one night in room 6 here in September 2011 as we were visiting Redwoods National Park (see photos 3 and 4 below). This place is across the street from Trees of Mystery (see photo 1 below) and it and the Forest Cafe (photo 2 below) are all owned by the same company. This room had no little fridge and no air conditioning. Of course, it was cool in September, so we just opened the windows a bit. They had an ice machine near the office, but had lots of signs about not filling cooler chests. So, keeping things like medicines cold here is a bit of a challenge. Bed was good, however, and the room was spacious enough, with a small table and a couple of chairs (see blurry photo 5 below).
Room felt dated and the water out of the tap was brown (both cold and hot water). Over the next week, we re-washed all the hiking clothes we sink-washed while here.
But the room was clean, the location is great and the price was good. It was surprisingly quiet, even though we were right on Highway 101. As long as you know what you are getting and you don't need anything fancy, this is a solid value and well situated for seeing the redwoods.

Room Tip: Trees of Mystery is a hoot and a bit hokey, but it was also fun. Be sure to look at the ceiling and...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PhilosophicalOldGuy
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed here one night in the family suite which included two rooms one good sized bathroom and a kitchenette with a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The second bedroom had two beds which was fantastic for our two teen children. The room, although a bit outdated, was very clean and comfortable. The scene out our back and side window was a pretty forest view. The only drawback was the restaurant next door. It was not good and the waitress seemed miserable. For breakfast, we decided to drive a mile down the road to the local gas-mart and grab some cereal. Much more economical. Since the rooms do have microwaves and refrigerators, it might be a good idea to bring some easy breakfast items and bypass the restaurant altogether.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Jayne1234
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Had a room here for 4 nights recently.
Room was spotless and bed was great.
No telephone but cell service is ok.
Excellent Free Indian museum across the highway at "trees of mystery"
Wednesday night all you can eat $10 buffet at Elk Valley Casino a few miles North in Cresent city.

Room Tip: ask for room farthest from the highway 101
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank flapz
Reviewed September 7, 2011

the hotel itself was okay the walls were a little thin I could hear neighbors quite easily the room itself again wasn't bad for the price I paid really the only reason I'm writing this review is the restaurant next to the hotel was horrible food service everything do yourself a huge favor and go somewhere else

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank starrbug
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I can't find a place on TripAdvisor to review just the restaurant, so I am leaving that review here. I can't speak from the experience of a hotel guest - just as someone who ate at the restaurant. We did actually want to stay at the hotel, which claims to be pet friendly, but I talked to someone pretty rude on the phone when I inquired about pets. She started off talking to me cheerfully, but as soon as I mentioned that we had cats (we were in the process of moving) her whole demeanor changed. She informed me that she couldn't accommodate us because all of her pet rooms had been booked for the night. That was fine with me. Its a small place and I don't expect every single room to be pet friendly. But I wasn't too pleased with her attitude. I guess I don't understand why you claim to be pet friendly if you're going to act annoyed and frustrated when someone inquires about a pet room.

However, aside from the fact that we couldn't stay at the hotel and didn't particularly care for the lady on the phone, we did eat at the restaurant next door and it was fantastic! Its a small place, but the food was really good, and our waitress was very friendly. Its rustically decorated inside, which fits the theme of the whole area out there. I'd recommend the restaurant to anyone passing through, but if you have pets, you might want to steer clear of the hotel!

I gave the place 4 stars because of the great restaurant, but lack of customer service from the lady on the phone. If I was reviewing just the restaurant I would have given 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Brooklet425
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We spent two nights here while visiting Redwood National Park and the associated state parks. The location is good as Klamath is situated between the northern and southern collections of parks, so you can access any part pretty easily. There's really nothing else in the town, though, so don't expect to pop out and find a restaurant or much of anything else. Better options exist in Crescent City.

As far as the motel, it was fine. Room was pretty much what you would expect -- big enough, and clean. Rather dimly lit. Water out of the tap had a disturbing amount of sediment in it so we avoided that and used bottled water in the room. An excess of caution, maybe, but the water was just nasty to look at.

The attached restaurant is fine for breakfast, not so great for dinner. But as mentioned you don't have a lot of options here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JAllison
Also consider these accommodations in or near Klamath
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
#13 of 19 in Crescent City
Oceanfront Lodge
Oceanfront Lodge
#16 of 19 in Crescent City

Been to Motel Trees? Share your experiences!