“One night stay and dinner”
Review of Historic Requa Inn

Historic Requa Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Klamath B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We planned to stay in Klamath for the night while passing through and since we had stayed in Crescent City twice, we wanted a change of scenery. Klamath is a nice area and we really enjoyed walking the trails and the beautiful scenery of the river. The Inn is situated on a hill over looking the river and the views are spectacular. The area is quiet and not far off the highway. We were not that impressed with our room as it was very noisy in the back with people going in and out of the only working door at night and as other people indicated, the walls in between rooms has very poor insulation and you can hear people talk and cough. The Inn is very old and I get that but it was a little creepy and noisy and for that I would probably not choose to stay here again unless some improvements were made. The front rooms looked a little nicer from what I could see.

The dinner food was a bit hit and miss for us. The food was decent but very overpriced for what we got. $45 per person was too much for the quality and quantity. $30-$35 would've been more of an appropriate value. However, that was all made up for at breakfast, one of the best we've had at a B&B. You actually get a menu with as many choices as you want and the food was superb. Best pancakes I've ever had and the fruit and coffee were great.

We enjoyed meeting other travellers and had very nice dinner table mates which made the evening more enjoyable. The dining area is very nice with incredible views. I would consider staying here again if they updated the insulation and I would skip dinner and eat elsewhere unless they reconsider their pricing. The one night ended up costing us about $500 for three people to stay and dinner so if I compare that to other places I've stayed for the same cost for room and food, we left feeling a bit ripped off.

Room Tip: Stay in the front rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FluffyBunnyFeet

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in room number 12 which was facing out onto the back yard. The room was of average quality and decor although very clean. However, we have given it four stars as the meal at the restaurant, which needs to be pre-booked, was excellent. The dining is communal and we were lucky enough to be sat with two very interesting and good humoured fellow guests which really added to the experience.

The setting of the hotel is superb so highly recommend splashing out the extra for a room with a river view.

Room Tip: Go for or river facing room. Room 12 is above the kitchen so quite noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Requa Inn's culinary team work overtime to give you a memorable dinner. The food is tasty, the presentation comparable to a three or four star restaurant in a big city, and some of the local specialties really shine. Let's take fresh Pacific salmon caught in the Klamath Sound just a few metres from the Inn's front door. Do what you like, if the salmon isn't really fresh it comes off dull and uninteresting. If the salmon is literally from outside the door, poach it lightly and the flavour will sing for itself. At Requa Inn, the salmon was as good as it gets. Sous chefs outdid themselves by picking fresh strawberries themselves, and made a terrific tarragon sorbet. These guys are really going to attract a following from LA to Portland. I'd start booking them asap. It's a comfortable and quirky B&B and a pretty good launch pad for touring the Redwood Forests of Northern California. The staff are friendly and interested. The beds are fine, but when you've just hiked 10 or 15 miles in the bush you'd probably sleep fine on a bed of nails anyway. A nice touch is the hot tub in the backyard. (Oh, my aching feet.)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RiverdaleMac
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Positives:
Easy driving distance to area attractions
Spectacular view
No fresher/better quality food to be had
Gracious service from Dale and Pam

Negatives: (why not 5's across the board)
Breakfast service was spotty with orders served not as ordered
Pillows not the best (and with a perfect bed, that was a let down
Hot water dispenser in dining room malfunction for over 12 hours of our stay despite drawing staff's attention to it
Musty smell in Post Office where shower leaks into floor boards.
This is picky, yes, but all reversible with minor tweaking. We had a truly spectacular and relaxing stay. We are booking for next year as soon as the books open.
DO NOT miss this gem!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Jan, Dean, and the rest of the staff make the Requa Inn a wonderful place to stay. From the rooms to the deluxe breakfast and gourmet dinner the Requa is simply superb. Most rooms include a view of the Klamath river as it winds to its mouth at the Pacific a about 1/4 mile west of the inn. There is so much to see nearby including sea stacks and numerous Redwood groves at the various Redwoods State and National parks that pepper the area. Stay and experience the serenity of the area and the inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikeyvero
Reviewed June 29, 2013

To start: I am pretty cheap with my "excellents" and wish I could have given Requa 3.75 stars.....So I had read every review except the mid-June reviews and I knew what I was getting for my dollar. Coming from New England, I know what to expect of an inn: cute, usually wonderful setting, owners who care A LOT. Requa checks all the boxes. We were welcomed from the get-go. We received an email as soon as we booked the room. I was assured that my vegetarian needs would be met. The Inn is exactly as described on the website. It is set looking over the water in a VERY small town near a National Park. It is a short drive from a drop-dead gorgeous ocean look-out and we even saw a whale! Sure, the rooms are on the older side, but they are quaint and many details are included. I was very pleasantly surprised about how exceptionally comfortable the bed was and how quiet the room was in general. Sure, 100 years old is 100 years old but I like that and it only added to the charm. I can get a chain hotel anywhere. I cannot get the personal attention and little details anywhere. I come to a National Park to do something different which makes me happy. If you want that, check out the Requa Inn. You will not be disappointed! Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building. I had one which faced the back but spent little time there.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Beautiful B&B and friendly staff, overlooking the Klamath River. Each room has its own bathroom. Breakfast is included with your stay. While we only stayed one night, we wished we had made reservations for an additional night - I highly recommend staying here. Thank you Requa Inn!

Room Tip: Choose the street-facing rooms overlooking the Klamath River
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Klamath
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
15 mi away
Anchor Beach Inn
Anchor Beach Inn
#7 of 19 in Crescent City

Been to Historic Requa Inn? Share your experiences!