All reviews klamath river hot tub other guests family style front porch view of the river thin walls post office pancakes homemade bread course meal living room corner room local ingredients the pacific ocean a wonderful stay guest rooms
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Historic Requa Inn. We were there for 2 nights in August. We took 2 rooms. I stayed in one with our son and my wife stayed in the second one. Both rooms had great views of the Rogue River. Granted the rooms were small and the furniture old, but the beds were comfortable and everything was clean. It is an old inn so that is to be expected.

We had dinner both nights at the inn. They are very enjoyable meals. They are served family style at communal tables. The ingredients are fresh and the preparations inventive. Some dishes worked better than others but they all showed the thought and creativity that went into them. But I have to say that the best dish was the salmon caught that morning by a relative of the inn's owner that was just simply prepared. It was delicious. The breakfasts are good as well with a variety of choices.

The other thing going for the inn is it's location. It is in the middle of the Redwood parks and you can easily go north or south and be at either end of the parks in a short drive. There are not many good choices to stay at that are as convenient as this inn. Again it may be old and historic, but is comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Evan G
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I booked this hotel based on the great reviews on trip advisor. My family of four, two adults and two girls ages 12 and 15, had a one night stay at this hotel on a three week road trip. This is the one hotel I was really looking forward to staying at. The hotel itself did not disappoint me. It is conveniently located just off of the PCHighway. It is an old building and the owners have tried very hard to keep the feel of an old hotel with the style of furniture and decor. They have done a great job. The lobby is a lovely, large space with plenty of sitting space. Here you will find a variety of books and games for guests to use. I enjoyed the large variety of historical photos on the walls. We had two adjoining rooms, one with a queen size bed and one with a double bed. In between these rooms was a bathroom that had an antique, claw foot bath tub. The rooms were very clean and decorated very lovely. The beds were comfortable and overall we had a very enjoyable stay. The floors creaked a bit as did the doors and I loved all of this. This gave the hotel a very cozy, family atmosphere and we met many nice people from all over North America. Included in your room price is an absolutely fantastic, made-to-order breakfast. What a great way to start your day! So here's the not so nice part of my review. The dinner. We booked the dinner, again based on the great trip advisor reviews. We sat at long, family style tables and this was a great opportunity to meet and chat with some of the other guests. The food, however, disappointed us. We were served many different appetizers, which were all very good yet the servings were so small. Everyone at the table was shocked at the tiny portions. The main meal was wild rice and seared tuna. One of my daughter's appetizers contained some long, black hairs. (She's a blond) The waiter took it away without a comment and neglected to bring her a fresh appetizer or an apology of any sort. My kids are not chicken strips and fries eaters. They have always been very adventurous in what they eat. Three out of four of my family members would not eat the seared tuna. It was very good and tasty for the other members of the table. When I booked the dinner a few nights before our stay, the hotel was unable to tell me what the menu would look like for that night. I took a chance and it bombed. It was very, very expensive. I had chosen to eat dinner at the hotel out of convenience because after an eight hour drive, I did not want to check into the hotel and then procede back out again to hunt for dinner. So, I give this hotel a five star rating as a hotel and a one star rating for the dinner. That black hair in the food really turned me off. Oh, and the head chef, has dark black hair.

Room Tip: Ask about the menu before you book dinner. It is very pricey and not for everyone.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Arly1
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We booked a couple of nights at this Historic Inn in order to visit the local redwood groves and it was a most pleasant surprise. Our room was small, compact and comfortable for a night's sleep although we are accustomed to a larger bed. The real beauty of this place is the new generation of talented locals and a talented piano player. The Innkeepers are warm and caring. The little brother and his crew in the kitchen are serving up delicious meals in the dinning room. The hearty breakfast set us off with lots of energy for the day and it was most enjoyable to sit with other guests in the evening whilst enjoying the dinner and tasty wines. They are a creative bunch, I wish we could have stayed for one of their dinner series and have Reweti play the piano while having coffee...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank edouardhenri
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Nice old local place with great views. Book the Mountainside unit if you can get it. Too good to pass up and the views are to die for. We 4 ate at the Inn and had an outstanding Gourmet meal at this hidden gem They did a better than average breakfast, too. We support hard working small business owners everywhere we go!

Room Tip: Mountainside if it is available!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jazpek
Reviewed August 20, 2012

In addition to all the positive comments in the reviews below, I have to add that the dining room serves AMAZING food at dinner. It's not cheap but it is worth every penny. Two wonderful young chefs use local ingredients to create inventive and tasty dishes. It's also fun to share a table with other travelers and enjoy the conversation.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo