“Friendly, fun and accomodating”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Klamath
Kamp Klamath RV Park
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Kamp Klamath is the place to go if you are looking to get off the freeway and still have some of the amenities of home (running water and bathrooms). We stayed in the campground, not the RV park, and everything was great!

If you are going to Lost Rocks for bouldering, there isn't a better place to stay - 1.5 miles up the road are the boulders on the beach.

Make sure to get the Saturday night buffet in the summers, and bring that guitar and your singing voice!

Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed January 17, 2009

It is surrounded by Redwoods, and has all the amenities my family could want. The restrooms were clean and neat with good HOT showers; there is a laundry room, a store with a good stock of groceries & refreshments. The host gave us samples of their smoked salmon, and it was so good & I got a few packages to take home. The staff was very nice and informative. It seemed they were always busy fixing things up getting ready for the busy season. Full hookups include WiFi & Sat. TV. Several acres of hiking trails, and a “Bigfoot Trap”! Next time we are there, we are going on the Fun Bus tour to Fern Canyon. I have to say that this is now my favorite vacation campground!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2009

We have been going to the Klamath River area for over forty years. The area has gone thru a major decline over the years, but is definitely picking up. This is the best campground we have found, and is constantly improving. They work very hard to improve the camping experience, and make sure you have everything you need for a great time. The Saturday night dinner (reservations required) in a great time had by all. The salmon is the best ever, and you can't beat the price.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2008

In trying to write this my computer went nuts. So i'll try again.I spent the summer there.I'm a retired trucker,and wanted some fishing time and boy did i get some fishing.Thanks to Aaron and Doug i caught a RECORD RAINBOW PERCH at Wilson beach. Aaron was great in getting it registered. On the 4 th.of July the camp was filled to overflowing but a great time was had by all.The saturday Salmon dinner is the best dinner i have ever been to.Before i left they got the store and the restaurant up to full service.You can not beat the prices of either, nor the quality of food or the staff.Some campers had some gripes but the staff bent over backwards to solve any problems,and some people can't be pleased. Most that arrived with a chip on there shoulders left with an uplifted spriit.The staff GETS a well deserved THANKS and an ATABOY from me.I will be back next year. GOOD FISHING & KAMPING

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2008

August 21, 2008 took customers and employees fishing on the Klamath river. We stayed at Kamp Klamath, located on the south side of the river 11/2 miles from the mouth of the ocean. Although the fishing was tough due to tribal netting this time of year, the stay at Kamp Klamath was great. The staff is so helpful and talented it made up for the tough fishing. Their Saturday night BBQ and live music is worth the trip. They even sat down around the firepit as the night went on and played acoustic for another hour or more. If you haven't checked this place out, you should.

Terry

Reviewed July 30, 2008

Kamp Klamath was Absolutely Amazing! The scenery was Beautiful! I deffinently recoment it if you just want to get away and relax! Having fun sitting next to a camp fire while enjoying some freshly grilled delicious samon or chicken on Saturday nights put on by the Amazing staff workers!!! Soaking up the sun during the day by the river and taking a ride on the Fun Bus to see and learn all about the beauty and thing to do in Northern California!!! (and if your're Lucky you get to see some pretty cool wildlife!...just don't try to pet them! haha!) I will deffinently be going back! =]
ps I have pictures but I can't upload them =[ I try again later! =]

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Due to the recent outrageous rises in fuel costs we amended our yearly camping trip destination to be much closer to home. Looking at the website for Kamp Klamath showed great promise of a good time. The area around the Klamath river offers great outdoor activities, beautiful hikes and sites, and overall fun. The folks at Kamp Klamath were very accommodating and attempted to help any time an issue was raised, but there were still problems that were encountered.

1. We had a large family group and as such had reserved a trailer site for my parents and a tent site for the rest of us. Upon our arrival Saturday June 14th we were informed that our trailer site was still occupied by a group that had extended their trip. The office staff had forgotten/didn't have our reservation in front of them when the extension was made. Aaron and Doug were very accommodating in finding another location for us for the night, but that meant we weren't able to fully set up until the next day when we moved into our "alternate" location. They were very helpful and provided a free container of firewood as a consolation as well. It didn't appear that they had a great method of tracking reservations; I didn't see a computer in the office nor did I see a tracking sheet, bulletin board, etc. Doug is great at taking folks through the campsite to choose their sites, but I noticed that he also gave away a site that someone else had a van conversion located in while they were away for the day and had nothing stored in their site.

2. We bought additional firewood while we were there and while it was advertised at $15 a bundle, we were charged a $1 "wood tax" for the purchase. I'm not sure why they didn't just charge $16.

3. The website offers free hot showers and they were hot. We checked in on Saturday June 14th; they weren't cleaned until Friday 20th and they seemed to be cleaned everyday thereafter. Possibly we were early in the season? Not sure.

4. Check in. At check in we informed the counter person that we had AARP, Triple A, etc and the counter person stated she didn't know what to do and to come back the next day and they would deal with it. The next day we went back and were informed that they only deal with discounts on checkin.

I did e-mail Kamp Klamath approx. on June 28th with this feedback and waited until July 9th before I sent a 2nd e-mail asking for feedback and notifying them I would be posting to Trip Advisor. I did get a response from Aaron who stated they had a computer failure and were recoverying and would get back to me ASAP. It's now July 14th and I've had no response.

I will say the place is beautiful, green and there is plenty to do in the area. It looks like they throw a great Saturday night dinner for folks that are interested, though we chose not to go. I think this place could be one of the better places to stay with a little focus and work on the above and I do understand that campgrounds probably don't have a lot of cash around with which to rectify some things, but organization can go a long way as well. Would we return... possibly but I want to verify some of this stuff had been addressed.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank FJT1965
Also consider these accommodations in or near Klamath
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast
Oceanfront Lodge
Oceanfront Lodge
#16 of 19 in Crescent City

Been to Kamp Klamath RV Park? Share your experiences!