“OK and across from Trees of Mystery”
Review of Forest Cafe

Forest Cafe
Ranked #9 of 9 Restaurants in Klamath
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 3, 2013

It's my understanding that both this restaurant and the Trees of Mystery are owned by the same family. Because of its proximity to Trees of Mystery we stopped here. The restaurant has artificial greenery hanging in abundance from the ceiling and artificial plants all around the room. I understand the atmosphere they want to create but I felt it was dusty and was uncomfortable. I personally thought it could stand a good cleaning all over. My husband had the chicken chowder and enjoyed it and my bacon turkey melt was good too. Our waitress was great! Prices were reasonable and our meal fueled us up so that we could go across the street.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stopped at the Trees of Mystery and the Forest Cafe was conveniently located across the street.

The Clam Chowder was pretty good. It was thick and full of clams.

We each ordered a sandwich that included fries. The fries were limp and oily.

One of us ordered the fish sandwich. It was soggy with oil and the batter was not completely done. The cheese looked like cheap american cheese. The tartar sauce was runny and tasteless.

Overall we weren't impressed with the quality of the food. Sure is was convenient. But, not worth the price.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Directly across Highway 101 from the Trees of Mystery, this cafe is worth the stop. I found the food to be as good or better than the selections 14 miles away in Crescent City. If you are in Klamath, California and hungry, stop here and eat.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

After visiting the Trees of Mystery, eating at the forest cafe was an excellent way to relax and refill.

1  Thank Dustin J
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Food service are just average but in a great setting and fun, unique interior for the grand kids. Backed up against the redwoods across from Trees of Mystery, you are twenty miles from another restaurant. The dining room tries to create the illusion of being under water with wall murals of river life and the underside of waterfowl and fish hanging from the ceiling. Also a large carved bear by the entrance. We go there only occasionally for the grand kids or visitors to enjoy the novelty of the Trees attractions. I have not been annoyed at the quality of food but wouldn't travel twenty miles for it. Go because you are visiting and want to enjoy just a little more uniqueness while visiting Trees or passing through.