All reviewsmemory foamsmall fridgecozy cabinhot platecooked just righttreated like familytrees of mysterythree nightsenjoyed our stayprairie creekownerredwoodsparkssheetscoaststatecamping
Reviewed August 5, 2017

My 11 yr old grandson and I spent 4 nights in cabin 14 in July 2017. The cabin was petite, green, with shutters, a nice size wooden porch for sitting, blackberry bushes in the back, banana slugs coming out at night, friendly neighborhood cats. The restaurant / office / general store provided wonderful breakfast and dinners. The fish and chips was to die for. Good coffee. This is a very quaint, rustic sort of place. The bed was comfortable, we cooked meals in the small kitchen on the hot plate and in the frying pan provided. The Mr Coffee machine made great homemade coffee. The bathroom with a shower was small, but was adequate for our needs. We would sit on the porch in the morning and watch the fog burn off of he giant trees across the road while the logging trucks rolled by. Close to the Redwood National Forest (wow!), Hidden Beach (wow, wow!) and The Museum of the Trees which is down the road. The small general store was stocked with anything you would need including a full shelf of local wines at great prices. Don't get me wrong, this is not a traditional fancy pants place. However, for us it was very clean and comfortable with a wonderful team of people who are really nice and helpful and knowledgeable of the region and the quiet local environment. The trees are incredible. The ocean is amazing. Hanson's beach is just up the road with a very long sandy beach scattered with large rocks to play on. Eagles and turkey buzzards and hawks are soaring everywhere. We saw a baby sea lion on the beach. All in all, we enjoyed our stay very much. The owner, Sharon was just wonderful and made us feel at home. We were a long way from home having driven there from Denver, Co. I would recommend this lodging to anyone who wants to find a peaceful and friendly place to lay your head on the great and wild coast of Northern California.

Room Tip: All the cabins are great.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank nvolenec
Reviewed July 1, 2017

We had Cabin 12: Very fresh and clean. Dual Pane windows could not hold out the road noise. Bed was flush against the wall. Shower, no tub. Kitchen, hot plate, microwave and a good quiet fridge.it is a very nice place to stay in the redwoods if you can over come the New Mattress: Called Memory Foam because you will never forget having spent the night on a giant marshmallow. But, having said that I think I would still stay there again, but not for three nights running. Nice area for kids to play on lawns, food and internet at office, interesting garden art all around. Very close to Hidden Beach... Owner gives an excellent guide sheet to the area.

Room Tip: cabins 1,2,3 are alone but nosier, others are together closer to food/office, grills at both
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nyob
Reviewed June 27, 2017

We reserved Suite #7 which is advertised as having 2 private bedrooms. They must have a different definition of privacy in those parts as what you actually have is one private bedroom (tiny) with a queen and futon in a living room. The "suite" smelled like dirty gym socks and the floors were like sponges. The ceiling fan in the bedroom was loose and acted like it wanted to fall off the ceiling. The bathroom was tiny and the toilet seat was small and you had to navigate your butt around the sink to use the toilet. The "full kitchen" has a good stove but has a small dorm refrigerator. The place still has most of its original wiring as there is no modern breaker panel but the old fuse box. One smoke alarm in the whole place where at least in my state the bedroom should have one. On a positive not the bed we slept in was very comfortable. All these highly desirable amenities for $180 bucks a night. Sorry but do yourself a favor and lodge in the Holiday Inn down the road for $140. The price for this dump wasn't worth it.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
sharon f, Owner at Woodland Villa Country Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Sorry that your 1 night stay at Woodland Villa was so much less than you expected. We try our best to let people know who we are, "Clean, Cozy Cabins in the Redwoods". We are rustic, and are definitely a Cabin experience, not a Holiday Inn experience. I am glad you appreciated the bed as it a memory foam, which all my cabins have, as I try to treat my guests like I treat myself and I sleep on a memory foam bed as well. The bottom line is, when you are on vacation, you are supposed to make happy memories, not bad ones. I truly wish you would have alerted my staff or my Night Manager to your concerns, as we would have tried our best to make your stay more enjoyable, up to and including moving you and your group to another Cabin more to your liking. However, what I don't know, I can't fix. I also know that Woodland Villa might be my little slice of heaven, but not yours. Hopefully the rest of your journey went well.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

This cabin is Rustic we had a peaceful stay and walked and ordered pizza which was delivered to us and it was yummy!! Gas stove. Shower very small, no dishwasher, very small fridge, we did not mind these but when we arrived the laminate floor was coated with some kind of oil so we used the paper towels which were provided in the cabin to try and clean the floor so our feet wouldn't be brown. Coffee maker and coffee& tea provided along with eating utensils and plates and cooking pots and towels. Bedding was clean and we slept good. The cabins on the front are close to each other the back one is kinda by itself. The cabin is close to the trees of Mystery, fun for kids to talk with the giant paul bunyan and climb on his feet.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

We arrived after check in and they still greeted us and offered directions to our cozy cabin. The cabin was warm, very clean and equipped with everything we could possible need. It was the perfect quick stop for get some rest and relaxation on our drive down the coast! Also the market on the campground was great start to our day for breakfast!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends