All reviewsmemory foamsmall fridgecozy cabinhot platecooked just righttreated like familytrees of mysterythree nightsenjoyed our stayprairie creekownerredwoodsparkssheetscoaststatecamping
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had cabin #9. It was perfect for us since my sister-in-law and I were spending a few days hiking with my son who was starting school at Humboldt State. It had two queen beds. One in the main room and one in a separate bedroom. There was also a room just big enough for a twin bed where my son slept. It had a new mini fridge, microwave and dishes. The beds were comfortable (my son said his bed was the most comfortable bed he'd ever slept on), nice towels and linens and a hot shower. We liked that we could open the windows. Keep in mind it's still a fairly old cabin. One bathroom door was hard to close, shower head was rusty (but 100% functional), the toilet would run, there was only a cupboard in the "kitchen" (had to use the bathroom sink) and there was not a shelf in the bathroom for toiletries. But the location was perfect and it was a "5" for what we wanted.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We traveled from western New York state to visit our son and his family in Redding Ca. We then traveled to Klamath Ca to visit the redwoods. Our son booked cabin 8 for two nights . Our first night there we ate dinner at the restaurant owned by Sharon of the Woodland Cabins. There were six of us and it was after 6:30. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. It also happened to be our grandsons 6th birthday. Sharon gave him a special desert and everyone sang happy birthday. The cabin was clean and updated and the beds were comfortable. Most important, there was enough hot water for the six of us to shower.... With hot water! Kudos to Sharon and her staff for the friendly and efficient running of the perfect place to stay while visiting the redwoods!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed in cabin 10 as part of our anniversary weekend and were pleasantly surprised. It is a bit sparse on amenities but a perfect cabin in the woods. Even though it is situated right on 101, we were not disturbed by any noise. The beds were surprisingly very comfortable and the cabin was clean and freshly remodeled. I would stay here again and perhaps even consider it for a place to stay with the kids.

The one thing that was interesting was the check in process. You have to check in at the register at the market and the staff is not super talkative or engaging. He was informative but only just.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Woodland Cabins is a wonderful place to stay in Klamath. The cabins are homey and very clean with all the extras to make your stay pleasant. Microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and china and silver. TV and heater with remote and the heater doubles as a fire place! This is not the slickest place you have ever stayed but in keeping with the rustic setting it fits right in.
The best part is there is a small store and restaurant right on the property.
I have been several times and everyone is so nice and mighty interested in you having a good stay. Try it for sure!

Room Tip: Cabin 11 is always my choice!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Leslie C
Reviewed November 28, 2011

These little cabins are a great place to stay if you are doing a multi-day tour of the Redwoods. I booked cabin 2, but was shown cabin 10 when I arrived instead (not sure why). However, that one did not have a hotplate, so I was given cabin 16. Cabin 10 was recently renovated and had nice hardwood floors. Cabin 16 had obviously not had a renovation yet, and was a little more run down.

The bed was comfortable with super soft sheets and extra blankets. Although there was no heat in the cabin and only a space heater, I was still very warm at night. There is wifi available, and the gas station and grocery store were nice to have there even though I didn't use them. It seemed like cabins 1-8 or 9 were further removed from the store/gas station, and a little more secluded.

Cabin 16 had a hot plate, pots and 1 frying pan, utensils, dishes, coffeemaker, microwave, and mini-fridge - everything we needed to make a full dinner and breakfast for 2 people.

All in all, the cabin satisfied all our needs and more, and was in a great location. The staff was really helpful in suggesting nearby places to visit. When making a reservation, I would ask about which cabins have been renovated, as those seemed a lot nicer than the un-renovated one we were in. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin that has been renovated.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple