“Really enjoyed it”
Review of Tour-Through Tree

Tour-Through Tree
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Klamath
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We detoured several hundred miles off our route to drive thru the tree. In fact we drove thru 5 times as there was only one other car there. Gimmicky yes but we enjoyed it.

1  Thank David S

Reviewed May 9, 2013

spend your hard earned $$$ somewhere else...this is your TOURIST TRAP...very disappointing don't waste your time here.

3  Thank giestecke
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Tricky to find, costs $5, takes 2 minutes (unless there is a line of cars and then it could take longer). Can say I did it once, but won't do it again.

1  Thank TravelingArroyos
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stopped here on my way back from the Lost Coast. Purchased a shirt because I needed a shirt. When I left, I wondered why we stopped there in the first place. This is not the way to enjoy the beautiful redwoods. Instead of driving through a tree, take the time to visit one of the numerous state parks in the area. If you're looking for a tourist trap (sometimes that is just what you want!),Trees of Mystery is more expensive, but a more fun and respectful representation of nature. I feel no need to return, but the shirt I purchased was good quality.

1  Thank Kasey K
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We toured through the tree when driving from Portland to San Francisco in March 2013. This is depressing environmental tourism at its worst. We had heard a lot about the massive California redwoods, and about how there were some you could drive through. We certainly didn't expect a chainsawed hole in a magnificent tree, and were dismayed to see the hole had been increased in size just so bigger cars could travel through. Save your money and see other examples of this amazing species.

1  Thank BossySydney