“A Breath of Fresh Air”
Review of Stockholm Bakery Cafe - CLOSED

Stockholm Bakery Cafe
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We Live 30 minutes north of the marvelous town of Kingsburg, CA., and have never spent anytime there. My wife and I decided to take the Motorhome down and spend a couple of days relaxing by the Kings River and enjoying the shopping and restaurants of Kingsburg. We were fortunate to find this great place to eat. What a relaxing little bakery/cafe with a nice selection of imported Swedish foods and sweets. The Food was to die for, I had the Stockholm Smoked Salmon, served open face with dill and cucumbers on top, WOW. Our waitress was helpful and attentive, all-in-all an excellent experience. Just a word of advise, for those who have grown up in large towns and cities, Kingsburg is Old World, a great majority of the shops and restaurants are closed on Sundays, including The Stockholm Bakery Cafe.

2  Thank Bookman52

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I couldn't believe that this small, quaint, friendly bakery offered gluten free Swedish pancakes! They can also make any of their sandwiches using homemade gluten-free bread. It's rare to find a bakery -- especially in a small town -- that offers gluten free options. I think they should advertise this more! Thanks, Stockholm Bakery!! See you soon!

2  Thank BookReviewer1
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I like Swedish pancakes, so when I read of this town's heritage I pulled off the highway to check it out. I asked some locals where to get some Swedish pancakes and was directed here. The Swedish pancakes were good, very good. Generally, I have had good luck ordering Swedish pancakes though I've occasionally been disappointed. These did not disappoint.

3  Thank pinkedsel
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

If you like Swedish food (we do- smoked salmon, meatballs, breads . . .ect) then this is the place to stop for lunch. This is a casual sit-down cafe with wonderful bread, amazing Swedish meatballs and a great assortment of traditional Swedish sandwiches for $9-10 each. Delightful staff. Much healthier than stopping for fast food!

7  Thank Chuck E