“Pleasant little motel.”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kings Beach
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Pleasant little motel.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We arrived on Monday 7th January and the Motel was quite so we asked for a room with a view and we were told that we would have to pay quite a lot extra as a supplement. Now as they were, and would be very quite for the four days we were staying I would have expected our room to be moved at no cost as it would not effect them what room we stayed in. Alas not to be, can't win them all! Personally though the rooms were sub-standard and we could hear noise way down from us to the nearest room that was occupied, so would not like to hazard a guess what it would have been like if we had occupants either side of us. The bathroom was like nearly every other motel in America, dated, very dated, but unlike the rest this one had the advantage of a basin that was so close to the toilet I had problems getting on and off the toilet, and I'm of average hight and weight! If you are a larger person give this place a miss, as the bathroom is way to small.
You get what you pay for here, but its close enough to the resorts if you haver your own transport so well located.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael H
ferrari8200, Owner at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Sorry we didn't offer the free upgrade. We sometimes do this or upgrade for less than rack rate but have no strict policy on this. In an area that is seldom at full occupancy, it would not make good business sense to do free upgrades as a general policy. We will always move a guest to a different room in the same room type if available.

Looking at our room log from guests arriving on January 7th, it appears you stayed 3 nights in room 121. This is a popular room for us but it is one of two rooms that has a smaller bathroom with the toilet near the tub. We were able to correct this limitation in all but these two rooms.

We do have a good location in both summer and winter and try to keep our rates more than competitive.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Dave Ferrari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
barbery coast, ca
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Great location to major ski resorts, clean rooms, friendly staff and very affordable. Private hot tub was awesome( sign up early) great views of the lake, balcony wraps around the building didn't need a lake view room to enjoy the view.i would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dirtshot138
Thanks for getting back to us. Being clean, friendly and affordable is certainly what we strive to be. We do have some bad days but many more good ones… we also hope that our easy access to the shore of Lake Tahoe is an extra amenity.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have been coming to Ferraris for years. They always have great prices and friendly staff. The location is right on the beach and the private hot tub is always nice after a long day on the slopes. We stayed at Ferraris for new years and usually our dog is fine sleeping in his insulated kennel however this time is was just too cold for him (a yellow lab). We had alreay payed to stay 5 nights but after the first night with the dog situation we knew we would have to go somewhere " dog friendly". Dave the owner gladly refunded us in full without hesitation. We are sad they don't allow animals but will still definatly be back for years to come! Thanks!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Bkbkbk777
Thanks for the review! We apologize that our accommodations do not allow pets, but hope to see you again someday.

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were blown away by the location and the proximity to the Lake. Since we went in October during the off-season, you roll the dice on the weather but it was beautiful and peaceful since the tourist season was over and the ski season had yet to start. We could literally walk out of our room, go about 100 feet and be at the lake's edge. Continental breakfast was more than adequate. It was definitely worth the price to get a lake-view room; since we were the only ones on our floor, they graciously upgraded us to a king-size with a fireplace. However, the weather was so great we often slept with the windows cracked.

With that being said, I could see this being a popular and noisy location during the peak seasons.

Room Tip: Great views of Lake Tahoe from the lake view rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris W
Thanks for the review Chris,

The shoulder seasons are always a great time to visit us, stay tuned for future off-season rates on our lake view rooms. We'll see you next time.

S.F. Bay Area
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We got a great price on a fantastic lake view room, really lucked out. We had a full unobstructed view of the lake, it was breathtaking. The room was clean, but dated. The kitchenette is a great thing to have. If you are looking for luxury, this is not the place for you! If you are looking for a good price in a terrific location, you will not regret your stay here. This was my second stay, and plan to return in the future. It can be loud sometimes, I bring earplugs with me to help me sleep, works great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladylove71
ferrari8200, Owner at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I appreciate the feedback. I'm glad you had a lovely second stay with us, and happy you got to enjoy a view of the lake!

Many apologies if there was too much noise during your visit. While we often don't have a problem with noise, occasionally people do get a bit loud. We have a sign in office saying there's quiet time after 10 p.m., and we are looking to add it to registration card, too. Hopefully that will help in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We'll see you again soon!

belmont
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Have stayed here several times in the past, was looking forward to our return visit. From my first contact with the motel things did not go smoothly. The lady I spoke with on the phone could not find me in the system and could not believe I was receiving emails from them, both the gentleman and lady I spoke to gave me a hard time about this because I was requesting their discount. Not a good start.
We stayed in room 515 on the lake, downstairs. The room was clean and comfortable. We went to bed and were rudely awakened by our neighbors upstairs who were having a great time , we thought they were going to fall through the floor on top of us. We could hear everything they said and did, insert imagination! In the middle of the night we could hear a cell phone vibrating ,after checking all of our phones we figured out the noise was coming from upstairs ,we heard someone get out of bed and answer the phone.
The trim is missing off the inside of the bathroom door so when my daughter entered the bathroom late that night the light from the bathroom lit up our room like encounters!
When I told the gentleman at the front desk the next morning, he didn't believe me, he told me there is insulation in the ceiling, trust me they missed a few spots. He didn't bother apologizing, made me feel like I was just making up some tale and being a difficult guest.

Sorry to say I am doubtful we will return again, our stay was not a very pleasant one and the attitude I am guessing were the owners was less than desirable.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank suzeego
ferrari8200, Owner at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I apologize that your experience this time around wasn't as good as the others.

It's great that the room was clean and comfortable, although I'm sorry if you could hear things in other rooms. I appreciate your feedback as well on the bathroom door. We'll be sure that's not a problem in the future.

We do really care about you as our guest, and if your visit wasn't perfect, I'd like to do what I can to help fix it. I sent out an email the other day. Either please check that or give me a call at the number below and we can try and work something out. Thanks again - looking forward to hearing from you!

800.645.2260
San Francisco
Reviewed October 6, 2012

It was a last minute booking, so we could only get a two queen bed room. Ended up we were given a king bed and a double bed in a connected room. They do have other single bed rooms at a cheaper price, so do book in advance. Room was clean, eventhough there's no A/C in our room, it's perfectly fine for us. When we arrived, we just opened the window and turned on the ceiling fan for a while and the heat was gone. Bear in mind that temperature drops in the evening, so it's actually pretty cool at night. One thing that we were a little disappointed was the pool. There are two outdoor pools as advertised. Though it's said to be heated, the water was really cold. They did have private beach access, and walking on the sand all the way to the public beach area in the morning was really relaxing. But remember to wear sandals as we did notice glass debris on the public beach.
Location of this motel is great, a number of restaurants are within walking distance. There's a riteaid right across the street. Our visit was in mid-September, considered as low season so there were fewer people on the beach, it's always good to be away from the crowd.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank big_yam
ferrari8200, Owner at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thanks for your review, I truly appreciate it. While it's always encouraged to book in advance, I'm happy we were able to provide you with a relaxing stay. Isn't it so nice and serene to walk on the beach?

I do apologize if the pools were too cold. As we enter the fall and winter months, they will certainly be more comfortable. Thank you for your feedback on that.

I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your visit, and we'd love to host you again anytime!

Best,
#2 of 8 in Tahoe Vista
Parkside Inn at Incline
Parkside Inn at Incline
#4 of 5 in Incline Village

Been to Ferrari's Crown Resort? Share your experiences!