“Staying at the Crowne on 5-8-2012”

Ferrari's Crown Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kings Beach
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Whenever I go to Kings Beach I always stay at the Crowne (if there are rooms available). The staff is so friendly and accomodating, the rooms are clean, and the location is awesome with the beach, lake and nearby restaurants. They have gas barbeques to use and great decks that are partially enclosed with glass to cut down on the wind. The offer great breakfast snacks and are more than willing to refer you to north shore business for food,fishing charters, etc. When we were there last weekend, there were maybe on 4 other groups, mostly couples. It was quiet and all you could hear was the wind in the trees and the waves on the beach. As I said, for the last 10 years or so this is the first place I try to stay when I come to North Shore. You really should give it a try.

Room Tip: The downstairs lakeside room is the best but only has a fridge and a microwave. The ones upstairs h...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Shawl1963
ferrari8200, Owner at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

It's great to hear from you, Shirley -- both here and on Yelp. What a wonderful review! I'll be sure to share your compliments with my family and staff.

It's always a pleasure hosting you, and last weekend was no different. Hope you had a relaxing stay! Thanks very much for taking the time to recommend us here on Yelp. We look forward to having you back again and again.

All the best,

There are newer reviews for Ferrari's Crown Resort

Reviewed April 19, 2012

The accommodations, customer service, value and location were excellent. Ferrari's Crown Resort is right on the lake and close to a park, shopping, restaurants and easy access to a number of ski resorts. It will definitely be my first choice for future Tahoe visits! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank methorpe
ferrari8200, Owner at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

It's great to hear from you! I'm glad to know you loved your stay so much that you'll return the next time you head to Tahoe. Nothing like a lake view to help you relax after a day of exploring. Thank you very much for the stellar recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Booked a stay here last minute on the day we were going to stay there. It was a ski weekend so all we needed was a reasonably priced and clean hotel room to crash at night. The hotel isn't much to look at when you drive up and we were wondering if we booked something lower quality than we wanted. However, we were extremely pleased with the place after we got to our room. Large rooms and very clean with a lake view. For $150 it was really reasonably priced for North Lake. They even have an indoor hot tub that's reservable for half and hour after 6pm. A great addition after getting off the mountain. Would definitely come back here and is probably our new go to spot in North Lake.

Room Tip: check out the indoor hot tub
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ngianos
ferrari8200, Owner at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you very much for your review— both here and on Yelp! We really appreciate you taking the time to recommend our resort to fellow travelers. We would love to be your new go-to spot in North Lake! I'm glad you enjoyed this past ski weekend. We look forward to having you back for many more! The hot tub will be waiting.

Until next time,

Reviewed February 4, 2012

This is a no thrills motel/hotel. Rooms were clean and nicer than I expected. Bathroom was lovely. Brekafast was included- small selection of pastries and cereals,tea and coffee available which was a nice touch.
We only stayed one night so did not take advantage of the hot tubs. Would reccommend if you get it at a good price.Looks like there are lots of similar properties in the area. But we were happy with this one.
I reccmommend getting up early and going to watch the sunset, there's little excuse not to when the lake is right outside your door....you can alwasy go back for a snooze like we did.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room well in advance!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bettyb20
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I just love this place. I am bringing my wedding party to stay here. The rooms are clean and the staff friendly. Love the hot tubs! I wish this family would adopt me! Prices are just right and the location if fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy33108
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband, daughter and her fiance just spent the night at Ferrari's Crown Resort while in the area to attend a wedding. We were looking for a place with 2 bedrooms, and this fit the bill. The location of the room was fantastic. We were on the first floor, end unit, with a wonderful view of the lake (room 515); you really can't get much closer to the lake than this. EXCEPT it was a bit intimate for 2 grown couples. The main bedroom was cozy, with a king-sized bed, beamed ceiling, stone fireplace, and amazing views. The second bedroom was small, with a queen bed. Both rooms shared the bathroom (doors from each room into the bathroom), and that's where the issue was. Way too close for comfort. This set-up would be more suitable for a family (like the folks in the room next door). The beds were a little hard, but other than that I thought this was a very nice room, and a cute little resort. And so close to the lake at a very reasonable price. My one wish is that they were pet-friendly. Our dog would have loved playing on the beach and swimming in the lake!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for the lakefront rooms. The views are awesome.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank sac_joy
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This was my wife and my first time in the Area and were looking for a base.... We booked online which went well, decided to stay an extra night and got the same rate:-) We were impressed with the Hot tub and BBQ's its nice to be able to cook and unwind in a hot tub (very hot)... To sum it up, we were very happy with everything, for the money we paid, I feel we recieved a great deal!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked good, the more you pay the closer you get to the Lake...fair deal
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Tahoe Vista
Firelite Lodge
Firelite Lodge
#5 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Ferrari's Crown Resort? Share your experiences!