“Great Location and Good Bar Food”

Steamers Beach Side Bar and Oven
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This place has a great deck with views of the lake and picnic tables with umbrellas. The food is fine; get the homemade potato chips which are great. Don't expect outstanding food; it's basically a pizza place, and for that it's above average. I read lots of complaints about the service; they seem to have resolved that issue. We are not locals, have been there several times in various seasons, and the service has always been friendly and helpful. We love this place for drinks, snacks, and a view.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've had better food at Little Caesars! I've had better tasting frozen pizza!

There has to be a better pizza place at Kings Beach (open for lunch). After a long morning in the sun, we were looking for a quick place to fuel up before spending an afternoon at the pool. We asked one of the people at the boat rental shop to recommend a nearby pizza place, and this was their suggestion. So we trudged over in the heat. Ugh, wish we had gone to Subway instead. The pizza was very overpriced... and was a big soggy mess that took forever. It tasted like melted rubber cheese on cardboard. I doubt they have a pizza oven. Honestly it looked like it had been microwaved. With a name like Steamers - maybe this was steamed. I don't know.

You can do better - anywhere - Dominos - Safeway... just stay away. I hope the rest of their menu is better.

The deck is nice, with pretty lakeviews -- but the inside is dark and old. Not a memorable meal.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place has a nice outdoor patio, but the food leaves much to be desired. This is a good place to come if you will be drinking and want bar food, but nothing here is great. I've heard people rave about the pizza here, but I think the pizza is one of the worst things on the menu. Stick with the standard burger/sandwiches and you'll be okay.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We got there early before dinner rush thinking that we could get in & out. Nope was told tht there was only one cook because it was early. Wait staff actually argued with another person in our party about how long we waited for our food which was an hour. Most of our party did not enjoy the food. I had a salad and it was good. But my teenage kids did not like the pizza. Would not recommend anyone to go here there is some what of a lake view but not worth it for the food prices & poor serve.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stopped by steamers for lunch and should have known better after reading the reviews. There is a niceish view if it's warm enough to sit outside. The service was okay but the food was terrible. The famous garlick sticks are pizza dough with garlic butter. Just sad. Most people had Pizza, one of our party had a calzone that was burnt, no sauce, and tons of cheese. I had the $15 steak sandwhich which was fatty and full of gristle, and was nearly inedible. Terrible and not even trying to be better.