“Yummy!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
St. Louis, Missouri
“Yummy!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I read about this place on Yelp while looking for a place to go to brunch, and this place looked good so we drove from Incline VIllage. It was pretty dead on that October Friday around noon. In fact we were the only customers for some time. The decor is a little kitschy and themed towards the season (Fall/Halloween when we were there) and there are several quilts displayed that you can purchase as well. Sitting down, the table looked a little dirty under the glass. It could use a little cleaning under there.

The menus are pretty big. We perused the breakfast and lunch menu. I ended up going for lunch, a veggie medley sandwich along with breakfast potatoes - their fryer for fries was out of commission. The sandwich came with several different veggies along with cream cheese. One of the veggies (fruits?) was jicama, which I have never seen on a sandwich before and lent an awesome texture to it. The bread was really soft and fresh. It made for a great sandwich! The potatoes were also perfectly cooked and seasoned. I was glad that I got them instead of fries. I also had a hot chocolate - delicious.

My dining companions all loved their meals - the smoked salmon eggs benedict, the "big lou" - a croissant sandwich with ham and cheese, and the Arizona french toast. All looked good and were generous portions.

Service was really good the whole time.

We definitely would come back and recommend!

• Visited October 2013

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My brother and I were looking for a good place to have breakfast this morning and we found it here. The food was excellent and the service was great.

Castro Valley, California
“Great Breakfast, nice setting”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were looking for a place for breakfast near where we were staying, and we saw all the cars parked at the Log Cabin Cafe. So we decided to give it a try and we are certainly glad we did. The atmosphere is great, with a comfortable waiting area upstairs. We ordered Eggs Benedict, Biscuits and Gravy, and a Breakfast Burrito. All three meals were very tasty, however, the portions are too much. You could easily share a plate, particularly between and adult and a child. And while the food was very good, the prices were very high. Breakfast for 3 of us was $45 before the tip. We would definately eat here again.

• Visited October 2013
Spokane, Washington
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Voted "Best Breakfast" was correct. Good food and rustic atmosphere. Many others felt the same way and we had to wait about an hour to get in (which I usually am not likely to do). The service was personal and quick but not rushed. Flavorful food and nice selection, Worth the wait if you have to.

• Visited September 2013
Hong Kong / Columbus, OH
“Tremendous value; yummy yummy yummy!!!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We came here for breakfast... A table of four during the week around 9am so seating was not an issue. Walked into this cute dining room and was seated immediately. I ordered a smoke salmon scramble with their homemade smoked salmon; it was phenomenal!!! The perfect amount of capers, mushrooms, and eggs that were not over cooked; really set up this dish for a hungry eater's delight!

I am still savoring this dish, and next time will probably order it again... Is that terrible?

• Visited September 2013