“dinner”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Davis, California, United States
“dinner”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Small place with good variety of very tasty sushi. We ate at a table. Bar seating also available. Friendly service.

Visited August 2014

Kings Beach, Australia
“VERY disappointing!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The most difficult aspect of our most recent visit was the contrast between what we were served and what Hiro and his buddies were served just down the bar from us. Three tablespoons of soggy seaweed salad for $6.00. Sushimi platter with cucumber under the fish so the portions look larger $16.00. The rest small and sad. Meanwhile Hiro is served this huge gorgeous platter of yumminess. They got it backwards. Customer is King!?!? Beer was cold~restaurant was HOT. Hiro was also sitting in front of the only air conditioner in the whole place. Try drunken monkey in Truckee or Safeway or Raleys. You'll be happier.

• Visited July 2014
Crystal Bay, Nevada
“Seriously?”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Limited seating. Horrible service. Fishy-smelling fish. Small proportions. And expensive. I'm not sure if there was a single thing I enjoyed about the experience. I guess the company, but they didn't really have anything to do with that. I'd rather get sushi from the grocery store, then at least, I wouldn't feel so cheated.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Kate B
North Rim, Arizona
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I go to Hiro's every time I visit North Lake Tahoe. Check out the great Happy Hour specials and time your visit. Specials are good in the bar, but they do have ONE table in the bar in the bay window, so I try for this if I come with friends. I also enjoy the sushi bar. Best appetizer there is the shumai. Very good!

Visited April 2014
Gardiner, Montana
“Great sushi!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We have been coming here for years and the sushi is great! The hamachi and salmon are the best I have ever had. The albacore is terrific. The Hawaiian is also great. No question about it.
If you want a deal, then sit at the bar and order all you can eat for 1 hour. Happy hour is also a good deal. Otherwise, it is expensive, but worth it. The service can be spotty if you sit at a table.
I look forward to returning again some day.

• Visited January 2014