“Seriously?”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Crystal Bay, Nevada
“Seriously?”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Limited seating. Horrible service. Fishy-smelling fish. Small proportions. And expensive. I'm not sure if there was a single thing I enjoyed about the experience. I guess the company, but they didn't really have anything to do with that. I'd rather get sushi from the grocery store, then at least, I wouldn't feel so cheated.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Kate B

North Rim, Arizona
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I go to Hiro's every time I visit North Lake Tahoe. Check out the great Happy Hour specials and time your visit. Specials are good in the bar, but they do have ONE table in the bar in the bay window, so I try for this if I come with friends. I also enjoy the sushi bar. Best appetizer there is the shumai. Very good!

Visited April 2014
Gardiner, Montana
“Great sushi!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We have been coming here for years and the sushi is great! The hamachi and salmon are the best I have ever had. The albacore is terrific. The Hawaiian is also great. No question about it.
If you want a deal, then sit at the bar and order all you can eat for 1 hour. Happy hour is also a good deal. Otherwise, it is expensive, but worth it. The service can be spotty if you sit at a table.
I look forward to returning again some day.

• Visited January 2014
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“If you want sushi get closer to the ocean”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went here for sushi after reading some of the positive tripadvisor posts. The sushi is ok, not great. Had a Hawaiian roll, maybe yielded 5 pieces, real skimpy on the Ahi, cost was about $12 for none roll. What followed was equally unimpressive and costly. Sushi is not cheap and I am well aware of it. We eat sushi fairly often back in Southern Cal, but for me this place is not worth it. They also have a confusing system where by "happy hour" has certain rolls at 40% off then they have of course sushi bar and they have all u can eat within one hour for $30 each and a more confusing explanation of the choices than i can write. I wanted a meal not a record setting fish swallowing contest....The staff wasn't overly friendly even though we tried to blend in, I mean it's a sushi bar it's suppose to be friendly and open and fun. Not this place, at least not this day. We stopped earlier in the day to do lunch, they were closed, no sign with their operating hours. Just one sign that said "happy hour 5:00". we asked about their hours and the answer was yea we open at 5:00. Odd way to do business, aloof and over priced. You have been warned.

• Visited June 2013
“Good local place”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Local eatery in kings beach
Service was ok food was good
but Hiro was a Interesting guy..
Overall 4stars..........