“Cozy atmosphere, good American food”

Jason's Beachside Grille
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Kings Beach
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Jason's has wonderful burger selections , or turkey or veggie burgers with many toppings, such as mushrooms, grilled onions, chili, cheese, etc. Their fries are beer battered, crispy, and delicious. There is also an extensive salad bar. For lunch or dinner, you can't go wrong . Roast beef is tender, blackened salmon is yummy, etc. Appetizer selections are many. THe fire pit is cozy to warm your hands on a cold winter day. The full service bar has any drink you could want.
In warm weather, sitting on the patio with a view of the lake is a real treat.
This is a great, all purpose restaurant and very suitable for children, too.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We really enjoyed this place and the food was excellent, our server was very kind. I enjoyed dinning outside and loved the view of Lake Tahoe while I ate my meal. I would def come back here.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Large place! Sparkly lights surround a large outdoor seating lakeside, great salad bar, fire pit with comfy seating, kids play area and supplies, good beer list, great beer battered fries, veggie burger (white flour bun, though…,c’mon!) Salad bar had coleslaw like broccoli salad, really yummy! Good service, good selection of vegan/veggie food. Wish they were closer to where I live, I would go back!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I went to Jason's (again) and this time was for lunch. Their salad bar is very good with many selections and at a reasonable price. You can pay for "one trip" or "all you can eat". We find that one trip is enough. You can add a side of salmon or a side of chicken breast for an additional cost (reasonable) which comes from the grill. My husband had the salmon and I had the chicken. Both were very good. We recommended this to our neighbors and they went the next day and had the same thing and added clam chowder soup and they said it was very good. Be sure to look in some local Tahoe advertising publications as often you can get a 20% off coupon for Jason's which is usually valid during the off-season. It is a great deal. The only reason I gave them 4 stars this time and not 5 is because the server was more interested in talking to her friends at the bar then providing us with better service. We had ordered a glass of wine and it never came until we were done loading our plates at the salad bar. When she brought our salmon and chicken, we had to ask for the wine again. This was no big deal but they were not busy and it you would think they would be more attentive. Jason's is one of our favorite places and we will go back again!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We went there for lunch. The location is good, just by the lake and you can see it which is nice, it has indoor and outdoor seating.

The service was really good! Prices are average and food was just OK, nothing to write home about. I'd go mostly for the location or with a large group as it's not too shabby.