“Pricey, but big fun”

North Shore Parasail
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our group of 5, 3 of us early to mid twenties, 2 mid fifties, took the early bird parasail yesterday morning ($15 off per person). The sign on the highway suggests you book at the store where the sign is, but their "office" is the yellow tent on the beach. I reserved by phone the day before (name only, no deposit) but my name did not appear on their list. Not a problem though, we fit in with the overal group of 15.

We left on time in a dinghy, transferred to the boat a hundred yards offshore and took off. Good crew, seemed very experienced and confident, and everyone had their 10 or so minutes up, topping at 800 feet (it costs a few dollars more for the 800). You can go alone, 2 or 3. They will "dip" you upon request. There is an option for photos while aloft, which they charge extra for. Had great music, Caribbean in flavor. Had a great time.

I'd go on a hot day, if possible. It was about 80 when we went, which is absolutely perfect, the wind never being too cool. I don't see age as a factor, I'm 55 and if you can wade through water and climb in the boat, you've done the only physical part required.

My only other experience was in Maui some years back. This was comparable in most ways, the scenery being most extraordinary in Hawaii. But North Tahoe ain't no slouch either.

1  Thank RossK851
in 3 reviews
"company"
"blast"

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Cory & Captain Crash were awesome! They were so professional yet very fun. They played great music as they took us out riding the lake. My daughter and husband went and I took photos. There was even an 80 year old man on board and they were so sweet with him.
It was a highlight of our time in Tahoe. ENJOY!

1  Thank ttj1028