“Very worth it!”

2-Day Komodo National Park and Rinca Island Wildlife Adventure from Bali
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Getting to the komodo island might not be easy, but it's super worth it. You get to see yourself what they now call a world heritage or wonders of the world. These majestic creatures are very big and cabale of creating lethal damage. Let the guides take you on a tour of the park and you can see the komodos in their natural habitat. The guides might also tell you about the scars they obtain from the komodo dragon bite. Totally worth it!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Went to Komodo Island because it was a must see on my bucket list and I wasn't disappointed. We hired a boat from Labuan Bajo and had 3 days, 2 nights in the area. With kids, don't hire a boat where you sleep on the decks because if it rains, you'll get soaked. We were fortunate to have cabins but met people who'd had a rough few days.
The water is calm and it takes a leisurely few hours out to Rinca to see the dragons. They are only on 3 islands and Rinca is one of them. You must go with a guide who protects you with a stick! Saw one dragon on her nest and gotta say, that made me nervous. Any mother near her young can be antsy and I was wary - the guide wasn't but all okay.
If you can get one of the pin badges at the souvenir shop - do it . They are rare and you can only get them on Rinca or Komodo Islands.
After Rinca we moored off a small island and snorkelled for the rest of the day - awesome, awesome, awesome.
Next day we went to Komodo Island and again, had a guide, did alot more walking than at Rinca, perhaps 2 hours whereas Rinca was only 1. It's hot and humid but you do climb up quite high on the jungle tracks so the views are definitely worthwhile.
We saw many dragons, none feeding or fighting. They were all sleepy and dozey in the sun. Bought our guide a drink at the tourist shop and then you have to file past all the other vendors. Did that, bought about 6 little carved dragons which I still have to this day and love them. Pearls are also a big thing here - some nice, some not so nice. Be prudent.
We spent a day swimming around pink beach where the reef was great and moored that night at a place where 10,000 flying bats come out at dusk. Fabulous. Some tourists from another boat swam to ours, we shared beers and then we all started jumping off the roof of the boat into the warm water. Another highlight. Kids thought it was brilliant.
Next day on our way back to Labuan Bajo, we went swimming with giant manta rays. Highlight of my life. 1 hour of snorkelling with these creatures was - I'm speechless. Just great.
We briefly stopped at an island, which name escapes me, something starting with K and had another swim there. Nice but not much on the island. Good snorkelling.
The trip wasn't rough so the kids didn't get sea sick at all but I've also heard of nightmare trips across the straits, so do time it if you can.
All in all a great place to visit.

2  Thank UrbanDrifter
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was interested to see the warans since I have heared first about them as I was a child. It was a very impressive encounter. I stayed on Komodo as well as on Rinca and I saw a lot of warans, but it is not sure that you see them. So I would recommend everyone to visit both islands. There are boat trips starting from Lombok they take 3-5 days. I took a five days roundtrip. If you take a one way trip you can go back to Lombok by bus but it takes 24 hours or by plane to Bali.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We took a fabulous boat trip to Komodo and Rinca islands - I would recommend it highly. The islands themselves were of course great, with the Komodo dragon as main attraction. But there is much more - stunning sunsets, waking up to hordes of flying foxes, great snorkelling, manta rays, stunning scenery....don't be tempted to take a day trip, it is well worth a night on the boat.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went here in the end of the year which is means the weather is suitable for trekking (especially who don't like hot weather), cloudy! But, from thousands Komodos that lives here, only about 20 komodos I can see :(
They are very lazy doing nothing! Unlucky me~ I can not see they're hunting for their foods, they're very quiet :(
Please, you have to come here in summer time (July-October), it's the very perfect time to visit Komodo National Park..
Oh yah, I came here by sailing from Lombok by a very small wooden boat but tough! Yeah you should try it!
And, I can not see the difference between short/medium/long trek they given in the entrance of Komodo National Park, I still can not see KOMODOS (end of year), the big differences is only the fatiqueness and distances :D