“Think twice!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in King City
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Traveling from LA to SF & decided  to break the trip & book a hotel at the last minute, used my AAA card and got about $30 discount, only problem was when I checked the morning before my info wasn't forwarded to them so I called AAA then the inn and was told that everything is set & my reservation was confirmed. When I got there "Nina" was giving me a hard time that they didn't have my credit card info and she did me a favor by still holding on to a room for me even though the inn was very busy. When I told them I spoke to "Trisha" in the morning she told me, she doesn't know anything and that she's a 'learning person ' and even blamed AAA that they are 'funny lately' and she went on to lecture me that next time I should do this & that...Honey, there won't be a next time!
  When we got to our room it was nice & clean, although the bath could be improved but for one night it would do. The bed was indeed queen sized, fridge & microwave was clean, carpet badly needed shampooing or changing. We called the front desk asked for towels cause we only had hand towels, it was delivered to our room and then he said, "we don't do this (room service) next time just go to front desk" well, he should told us when we called. Next offense: we were buying from the vending machine & it wont take our $1 bills, we went to the front desk & no one was there when we got back to our room we got a call asking if we went to the desk (I guess by this time we were marked and they're watching our moves, creepy-like). They said they'll help us when we got there they changed our bills to quarters & told us, "next time we should change our money to coins first before using the machine" well, if you had placed a sign there we would have known to do that! Continental breakfast was what my friend called their "saving grace", we ate @ 7AM and food was adequate.
 The staff needs to take some lessons on customer service. I would never stay here again simply because of the staff! They should know better than to treat their customers like were kids that do not know what to do. Customers they get are mostly transient & tired they should at least greet you with a courteous smile & respectful attitude.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Adorablelovable

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed for a night, good location off the 101. Good place to rest after driving up from LA. The bathroom had a lot of mildew and cracked tiles. The room smelled, but I always have room deodorizer. Breakfast was simple, but nice. The bed was comfy.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This is a family owned hotel and they are lovely people, I checked out a few places before I found this one and I can tell you it is the best one in King City. They have a great breakfast bar, everyone was friendly and helpful, there is a huge park right down the street. It is only 45 minutes from Salinas, an hour from Monterey. Everything was extremely clean and neat. nice pool, nice staff. It was excellent and I will stay there everytime I am in town. We had a huge trailer behind our truck and they were able to accomodate our parking needs.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
parmar2027, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2011

Thank you very much for the great review! I am glad that you had a great stay and the staff will very much appreciate your review. Thanks again

Reviewed June 5, 2011

Booked last minute and got more than i expected for my money. Clean, modern, and more than what most other places deliver for the same price. Good job. Everything was smooth.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your comments and are glad to hear these positive compliments. Thank you and come again.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

This small property is located right off Hwy 101 on the edge of town. We stayed here while hiking in Pinnacles National Monument. They have a small pool adequate for soaking the kids. Internet and the typical motel buffet-breakfast-with-waffles is provided at no additional charge. They began putting the food away well before the stated closing time, so don't sleep in!

The fittings in the room were typical of a modest roadside motel. The carpets and counters appeared recently updated, and the housekeeping was good. Sadly, the positive impressions from the upkeep were impacted by the chairs provided in room 112. I would seldom be so picky except these appeared to be leftovers from some other time and were discolored, spotty and sprung, leaving me with suspicions of mold. The beds were comfortable, but being cheap with the other furnishings is penny wise and pound foolish.

In-room safes were provided, but they were not working at this time so we were not charged the "convenience fee" for the safes' existence.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review. We newly renovated our lobby recently and the decor of the rooms are also on the agenda next. Yes we usually do start to take out breakfast a little before 9:30, like 5 minutes, because at 9:30 breakfast is not available. This is just a rule that we follow to correspond with the posted times. Thanks again

Chandra

Reviewed October 26, 2010

Yes, the shower curtain smelled very strong of mildew. The bathtub had a built in anti-slip texurizing which had darkened and looked like people's callous's had rubbed off on it. I took a shower with my flip flops on. I didn't care for the design of the sink-vanity area, everything was exposed and there.. the clothes rack, ironing board, freestanding safe, no separation or compartments. Felt confining.Then, the iron is attached with a spiral cord to the ironing board that leaned to one side. It was hard to negotiate.I started to iron my slacks and the iron stuck to my pants and created an iron mark. I shrieked cause I was going to a reception. I looked at the iron and it had old gummy burnt goo on it. The manager traded it, but my pants were ruined. I had to wear them like that. I didn't care for the old style analog TV. No HD or flat screens here. Now for the positives...the bed was very comfy, the bedding was good, not worn out and the room came with a fridge, the carpet looked in fairly good condition and clean.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I was happy with the value for money for this stop--this hotel was much less expensive for a simple overnight than nearby vacation towns. There was an adequate outdoor pool and a breakfast that was fine, except for the coffee, which looked like weak tea and tasted like warm water. The single-cup pot in the hotel room actually made better coffee, which was a first.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
parmar2027, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2010

Thanks Mitre10 for the review! We are happy that you were content with your stay. Sorry about your coffee experience. At the time of your stay we were experimenting with a coffee machine that used coffee paste, but due to similar complaints like yours we decided to switch back to brewed coffee. We only used that machine for 2 weeks, sorry that you were not satisfied but we promise that if you stay again with us you will be happy. Sorry again and we totally agree with you that those machines don't taste as fresh as brewed and we will never change again.
-Chandra

#2 of 2 in Soledad
No photo provided
Fireside Inn
#1 of 1 in King City

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!